Thread: Directions to Red Rover and Sunflower

Question Directions to Red Rover and Sunflower

Can Anyone give me directions to Red Rover and Sunflower ghost towns in AZ ?

robbinrb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IAMBUZMAN View Post
    for directions to sunflower check out http://bestghosttowns.com/Sunflower.html

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by IAMBUZMAN View Post
    The webmaster here posted info in 1999 regarding Red Rover in Maricopa County. Emily Tamblyn responded saying her family owned Red Rover, and "ordered" everyone to stay off their property. Hard to say if this person was telling the truth. But I believe it is still privately owned, with permission-only entry.

Apparently well worth the effort though, the info is that there are still numerous buildings remaining. Not to mention the mine itself.

Default The Real Lowdown in the Red Rover Mine

The Red Rover Mine was purchased by my dad in the early 60's. For more than 40 years, family members and friends have lived at the Red Rover. After the passing of my dad, Shorty Tozier in 1994, part of the almost 300 acres has been sold. As far as past postings about machine guns on the roof and some pretty far fetched reports, the place is pretty quiet and not a ghost town. There is already one new home at the Red Rover and there will be more to come! Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. The reluctance to give out directions, etc., is due to the large amount of damage that people do when they decide to visit and the owners aren't there. As a child coming home from school one day back in the 60's, I saw that our bath tub had been thrown down the side of the hill. We once came home to several guys on motorcycles who had tied ropes to our porch and were trying to rip the porch off our house. So you can see why we are reclusive. Remeber this next time you visit an area that appears to be abandoned.
    Last edited by Nicnacpattymac; 07-12-2007 at 04:22 PM.

Thread Information