Thread: Diamond City, Nevada

Default Diamond City, Nevada

Does anyone know the exact location of Diamond City, Nevada. Diamond Springs and the Phillipberg Charcoal Kiln are easy to locate on the side of the Diamond Range and I know Diamond City is nearby, but where?

Quote Originally Posted by TomS
    Does anyone know the exact location of Diamond City, Nevada. Diamond Springs and the Phillipberg Charcoal Kiln are easy to locate on the side of the Diamond Range and I know Diamond City is nearby, but where?
    It's roughly 18 miles NNE of Eureka and mile west of the Phillipsburg Mine.
    Last edited by Rockcrusher; 09-06-2004 at 10:09 AM.
    Rockcrusher
    110,000 square miles of desert to play in . . . And the government owns 87% of it

Default Diamnd City 1/2 mile to west of Phillipsburg Kiln?

That would put in at the bottom of the range, near the north/south road. Did I drive right by it if I took the north/south road at the base of Diamond Range? Is that where the two kiln remains are? If you look at a good map of Diamond Valley there are wide streets laid out. Phillipsberg
    Kiln would be about 12 1/2 Street if they went up the mountain. Where would Diamond City be with
    the Street system?

That would put in at the bottom of the range, near the north/south road. Did I drive right by it if I took the north/south road at the base of Diamond Range? Is that where the two kiln remains are? If you look at a good map of Diamond Valley there are wide streets laid out. Phillipsberg
    Kiln would be about 12 1/2 Street if they went up the mountain. Where would Diamond City be with the Street system?
    Diamond City would be between 13th and 14th streets. There is a paragraph and some some pictures on Shawn Hall's website.

http://nvghosttowns.topcities.com/eureka/eureklst.htm . . . scroll down to Diamond City

I have no idea when these pictures were taken but they pretty much show the site as it was the last time I was there in the middle 70's.

The Diamond post office was active from Sep 1874 to Jul 1884. In Apr 1888 it reopened as the Carp post office. This P.O. was closed in Jan 1889. (ref GNIS)
    Rockcrusher
    110,000 square miles of desert to play in . . . And the government owns 87% of it

Default diamond city nevada

i'm been looking for diamond city and kiln myself for two years. if you find out more good information,i would apperiate if you woulde-mail it to me. daleo26@webtv.net thank you dale

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I guess the GNIS coordinates and location on topo maps is not accurate?? OJ

Well, according to the GNIS, which compiled data from Helen S. Carlson's book, 'Nevada Place Names, A Geographical Dictionary', Diamond City was located about 0.65 miles north of the kiln, about where the smelter ruins are.

Thread Information