Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lime, Oregon

Default huntington oregon

So i was born and raised in Huntington which is about 10 miles away from Lime Oregon! The old ash grove plant is a really creepy place to go to at night. If you are looking for a scare, the old school house which is located on the side of the hill is really scary at night, trust me! However, the school is starting to fall apart and soon it wont be there. The school building in Huntington is a real creepy place to be in at night. My old teacher hates being there alone at night because of all the weird noises.

Default School House Pic

Does anyone have a picture of the old Lime schoolhouse? I second the extremely uneasy creepy feeling while being in the proximity of the place.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Schrimp View Post
    Does anyone have a picture of the old Lime schoolhouse? I second the extremely uneasy creepy feeling while being in the proximity of the place.

This is the only one I could find, sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Schrimp View Post
    While the subject itself is unrelated directly to ghost towns, it still a good subject for discussion.
    I wasn't able to find the exact mineral content of the area, but with a name like Lime, I can connect the dots.
    Research has found that there is a abnormally high rate of reported paranormal activity in areas rich in limestone. No one knows why, but in areas with heavy limestone deposits, there are often reported feelings of unease, or like someone is watching you. People feel an increase in paranoia, get headaches, and sometimes queasy. It depends on the person, and sometimes, the time of year, or if there has been recent rainfall. Depending on the person, and physical circumstances, you could experience slight uneasiness all the way to "percieved" encounters with the afterlife.

This aspect of ghost towns isn't often discussed here, but there is a wealth of information on the subject of mineral deposits and the paranormal in several places, including my favorite,
    http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Default Cement plant update

Yeah that cement plant factory is really cool, unfortunately we found that the county hates it! they say it is an eyesore, so they are going to tear it down that way nobody has to look at it again. I LIKE LOOKING AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Aww, please say you're joking!

Eyesore? I totally agree with you, it's quite imposing and fascinating to view. Now, I really wish I had stopped to photograph it on the two trips which I passed it.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Default hey its been a while

im replying to you from a different account because i cant remember phishes. We are pretty sure that they are going to demolish the plant. It really saddens me that the **** board of baker county won't see how historic and cool this place is. However with the way the economy is going it could be years befor they get around to it.

I myself came acrossed this place several summers back and have explored it every time we make our summer trip to see my cousin in idaho. I got some awsome shots of the place too.

But anyway I just wish there was something we could do to save this place

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by snyperT21 View Post
    im replying to you from a different account because i cant remember phishes. We are pretty sure that they are going to demolish the plant. It really saddens me that the **** board of baker county won't see how historic and cool this place is. However with the way the economy is going it could be years befor they get around to it.

I myself came acrossed this place several summers back and have explored it every time we make our summer trip to see my cousin in idaho. I got some awsome shots of the place too.

But anyway I just wish there was something we could do to save this place
    As I said in my prior post, I wish I did stop to photograph it, don't know when or if ever I'll go that way again.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Default lime, oregon

very intersting posting - I was just out that way and wasn't even aware! Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

Question The Old Oregon Portland Cement Plant in Lime, Oregon

I have reading all the posts about Lime, the community and the "old Lime schoolhouse" and I am just amazed at the things that "happened" in Lime. My father worked at the Lime Cement plant, which by the way, they made and sold sacks of cement, it was not wet cement sent across the highway through a pipe. I was born in 1947 and my parents lived at Lime on company land. My father retired from Lime,when Ash Grove Cement bought the plant and moved it to Durkee where the new plant was built. My father worked for Oregon Portland Cement Co. for 35 years. Most of the houses were tore down, when the company heard there was a new highway coming through that area, they made it clear they wanted that land cleared as they intended to sell the land. We moved from Lime in August of 1958 and our house, barn, etc. were tore down and moved with us. The state didn't buy the land and so it just sits there. We had Sunday school and Bible school in the old school house but it was years before that when there was a actual school there. So you see, all these stories are just that- stories!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information