Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Western Frontier architecture

Very nice models of old west building fronts. I built one myself last winter. But a bit bigger than those that you build.

Have a look if you wish:

http://www.drburkholter.com/cf13.html

I'll be finishing the interior during the coming winter. It will be guest quarters for friends of mine that come to visit, and can be a store interior for movie filming use.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 08-24-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    - Wolfgang -

wonderful job on your ghost town wolfgang. I admire your retirement decision, wish I could do that myself, and I just might. Love the fact that your keeping very busy and doing the things you want to do. I will be making a replica of the finlay block building ( Hinsdale county museum ) in Lake City Colorado this winter. I think that's pretty close to the San Juans isn't it. I'll post some pics on my progress. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Build...27457017334490

Wolfgang, these are quite amazing pictures of your townsite! We pass through Landers every week; would it be possible to stop by one day and see your setup?
    Josta

Big Bear Lake, CA

Quote Originally Posted by josta View Post
    Wolfgang, these are quite amazing pictures of your townsite! We pass through Landers every week; would it be possible to stop by one day and see your setup?
    Josta . . . The Ranch is private and not open to vistiing by the general public.

However, . . when I'm back down there ( I'm in northern California for a bit ) you may contact me and I can invite you to stop by and visit.

I'll be back down south at the Ranch about the second week of November and will be there thru about early July of 2012 ( with occasional short trips away from the ranch.) It'd be great to have you stop by and visit.

If you are into old west stuff ( you must be to be on this forum ) and have some period cooo-rect clothing you can get put on the list to be contacted when there is to be filming at the ranch. Doing background for a movie crew is a lot of fun. It doesn't pay much even when it pays ( which many times it does not ) but it is a great day of "hanging out in a old west town" with a bunch of other good folks who have fun doing the same things. Pertisipants get fed, housed ( free ) if it is a 2 day filming. And parties in the saloon are a lot of fun. Let me hear from you sometime after mid November.

Wolfgang....
    - Wolfgang -

Have you considered the Fraternity Hall in Elkhorn, Montana?

I'm impressed with your work. Keep it up!

Thanks Shiroh, I'm glad you enjoy my work. You can see Elkhorn's Fraternity Hall in miniature on my facebook page. Please "like" it if you do. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Build...27457017334490

Hi folks, just wanted to share my new web page which features my art. I have a good collection of historic Western American arcitecture all done in miniature. I hope you enjoy; http://www.buildinginthepast.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dagnabbit View Post
    Hi folks, just wanted to share my new web page which features my art. I have a good collection of historic Western American arcitecture all done in miniature. I hope you enjoy; http://www.buildinginthepast.com/
    Pretty fantastic modeling that you are doing ! I particularly like the ruined stone front with the metal doors . . . NICE . . .
    - Wolfgang -

Thread Information