Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lester, Washington

Really nice pics. Thanks for posting them.........Speedy

Quote Originally Posted by Zachschi View Post
    Only about 15 miles or so, you will reach a gate and have to hike a couple miles in from there. It is fortunatly one of the ghost towns that are easy to fine. Try this link, should work:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...7&ie=UTF8&z=13
    Thanks.

Thanks GhostHunterZero for the pictures.

Last edited by GoHack; 08-07-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Angry Lester House

Hi I lived in lester as a teen in the 60's the house and trailer is the McGee's and until Mrs MeGee passes the family go up a few times a year. Sad to hear the whearhouse went down as I helped roll lots of fire hose when there was a big fire. I still make a trip once a year trued 2 weeks ago but to hot to hike in so just stoped at the gate and ate lunch. I seen that Gurt's last place was also not there any more
    Myles

I have been there twice this year. The road to Lester is washed out maybe a mile past the gate. Last time I went I crossed the green river, then fallowed it down. There is a RR bridge that crosses the river about 100 yards from the town. The old warehouse is pretty much demolished and whats left will most likely be crushed by next winters snow. The two houses are in decent shape but the one furthest from the tracks is in much better shape than the other buildings. The house closest to the tracks is littered with empty beer cans and trash. Looks like a hunter or two were using it as a shelter during elk season. Not all that much left...
    Last edited by redatrox; 08-23-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by redatrox View Post
    There is a RR bridge that crosses the river about 100 yards from the town.
    There is suppose to be a pathway going south from the RR bridge that leads to some foot bridge according to the USGS topo for that area, but we didn't see any sign of it.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

I just thought I'd add some photos from Lester in late July of this past summer.

The first shots are a foundation near the standing warehouse, followed by an unfortunate picnic table, and the warehouse itself.

Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

Here are a few pictures from inside the newer Warehouse at Lester.

Easily distracted.

Some more pictures from July, `09.

First, the flagpole and warehouse, both of which have collapsed since I first visited in 2006.

The kitchen of the white guardhouse, which shows a bit of abuse.

The heater inside the yellow house.

The kitchen of the yellow house, which is in a slightly better state of "preservation."
    Easily distracted.

Angry Lester

Lester Washington is IN the tacoma water shed; And is no longer accesable; Back in the early 1960s we used to snowmobile to lester from stampede /cryistal springs area; There was a large school, nice bar Cold beer., cafe Good bergers, train depot, maybe 150 or so residents; at that time you could go east on ITS 90 to stampede pass take that off ramp through stampede pass Through lester and come out at a little town called palmer; The water sched took all the houses/school out. the last resident was an old widow The lester school teacher, with a ford bronco that lived on the east end of Lester. Now They put up gates to keep everyone out;As i recall the closing of the road and removal of residents was in the Mid 1980s. Altho I belive you can snowmobile to the location from the stampede side,. Posted all from memory, and I am 70 years old.

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by cebach View Post
    Lester Washington is IN the tacoma water shed; And is no longer accesable; Back in the early 1960s we used to snowmobile to lester from stampede /cryistal springs area; There was a large school, nice bar Cold beer., cafe Good bergers, train depot, maybe 150 or so residents; at that time you could go east on ITS 90 to stampede pass take that off ramp through stampede pass Through lester and come out at a little town called palmer; The water sched took all the houses/school out. the last resident was an old widow The lester school teacher, with a ford bronco that lived on the east end of Lester. Now They put up gates to keep everyone out;As i recall the closing of the road and removal of residents was in the Mid 1980s. Altho I belive you can snowmobile to the location from the stampede side,. Posted all from memory, and I am 70 years old.
    It is accessible, but you have to walk in and it's an easy walk.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Thread Information