Thread: Introduction

Cool Introduction

Hi All, I'm a newcomer to the forum but have been exploring ghost towns for a while. It's been a passion of mine for along time. I've visited at least a few ghost towns in most of the western states, but like to concentrate my efforts in the Great Basin. I've met several explorers at one time or another, ie. Stan, David, Shawn, Alan... whom I've travelled with a bit. There are quite a few dedicated folks out there and my thanks goes out to you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences. My goals are to see it all!... from the old architecture in the larger towns to the last piece of brick/wood/glass etc. left at a mining site. I guess part of my inspiration is that I'm retired and like to get out of Dodge several times a year <smile>. I take a lot of pictures, so that's part of it also. Too bad about the rally, as I was intending on being there, so perhaps I'll be there in the Fall. Well that's enough for now. PS. I drive a gold/sand colored Jeep and usually wear a NASCAR cap and sunglasses, so if you see me out there, don't shoot! and stop and visit.
    oregon4wd

Welcome Doug! Lookout for that NV mud!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

NV mud ain't so bad. Now NM red clay is some fun stuff when damp

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    NV mud ain't so bad. Now NM red clay is some fun stuff when damp
    It is bad when you're 8 miles from the nearest highway and stuck!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Even though the area around Vegas is an arid desert, I have found some actual real quick sand while riding ATV's. And if you ain't sinking in it, you're falling on your butt and sliding around as the top inch is dry but everything below is slimey.

Thread Information