Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Default Gas Prices

Has the price of gas effected your exploring?

Quote Originally Posted by fishing8046 View Post
    We are just planning a trip in October to South Dakota, which will be about 2500 miles round trip, if not more with all the side trips. And we get about 10 miles to the gallon if we are lucky in our RV, so I'd have to say no.

Yes. I plan my trips very carefully now. I have cut my gas consumtion in half, and i'm going to keep it that way. (stickin it to the man ). This "consumer" is flat out pizzed off.

For me jeeping, boating and hotrodding are precious recreational priorities. To ensure I can do them, I carpool now and make no unnessesary trips. Every drop of gas I burn is "reasoned" and "measured". I WILL NOT run my boat unless conditions are perfect. I only drive the hot rod as a treat to keep it lubed. I Jeep closer to home now.

Here's an interesting article about gas prices correcting down. enjoy
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../08/do0801.xml

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by fishing8046 View Post
    Do bears poop in the woods?

I was having a pretty good day until you reminded me.

After 3 little vehicles, I had to go out and buy a gimongius Ford Bronco.

Let me tell you, there's nearly nothing worse than a mouthful of unleaded at 2AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I refuse to let the Oil Corporations spoil my fun in the desert for one. But it has kept me out of far Western Pima County and Yuma County. I'd say what I think about the prices, but the auto censors would block most words.
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

What Danbo said.
    This summer we WERE going to drive to Seattle and back, but we scaled it back to a Colorado trip. On some of my train chasing trips, instead of getting cushy motel rooms, I'm sleeping out under the stars to save $$$. Its more fun anyway!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

No, but I also don't have kids, multiple car payments, a large mortgage, etc. that others may have. We are more less apt to just get up and go on a whim, but we figure we might as well have fun while we can.

But I agree, the oil companies, politicians, and speculators that drive prices can all kiss my bootie.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

No, the wife and I quit smoking on June 8th. We have to keep going out or we may harm each other!
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    No, the wife and I quit smoking on June 8th. We have to keep going out or we may harm each other!
    LOL Goat! I also quit - last November - so I can see some real savings but....
    1 L = 0.264172 gal(US Liq); at $1:75 litre, that's $6:60 a gallon!!! Do you see your future, yet?

I drive a 100% LPG Ford, however, and that is only about 69 cents a litre at the moment. Considering only a year ago it was 33 cents, and it is all Aussie-grown, where's the mark-up coming from??
    Dang it....why is my Government selling LPG to China at 5 cents a litre???
    I'm in a similar situation to Gary; no kids, no mortgage etc, so it doesn't cramp me, but I surely do resent being played for a fool by "big oil".
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    LOL Goat! I also quit - last November - so I can see some real savings but....
    1 L = 0.264172 gal(US Liq); at $1:75 litre, that's $6:60 a gallon!!! Do you see your future, yet?

One issue that gets me is you, as well as Europe, pay more to taxes per liter/Gal. than we do here. Some states vary as far as tax versus profit, but from what I have read, our taxes are far lower than yours. So that means more toward profit than tax.

If we were paying this much because of taxes, we'd likely be benefiting is one way from them. The only people benefiting right now are shareholders and owners.

*Side-note- I'm not against anyone making a profit, but when you have the ability to cripple an economy solely on nothing more than what appears to be greed, I tend to develop an unfavorable opinion*
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information