Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: RYE Patch Nevada - Gold Field - Nevada Ghost towns

I was just at Rye Patch nugget shooting. I went up into star city. There are some spots on the road that are solid sheets of ice right now. It stoped our drive in. So we hiked it the rest of the way. The winter run off from last year tore the road to shreds. There are some points that a rock crawler would be the only way in. I hope the fix it because that area is cool.

Did you by a minelab from gerys detectors or what.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ARIZONA GUIDE
    I was just at Rye Patch nugget shooting. I went up into star city. There are some spots on the road that are solid sheets of ice right now. It stoped our drive in. So we hiked it the rest of the way. The winter run off from last year tore the road to shreds. There are some points that a rock crawler would be the only way in. I hope the fix it because that area is cool.

Did you by a minelab from gerys detectors or what.
    Just now getting around to reading the forum. Yep I did buy from Gerry and I would recommend him to every one. I will be going with him to Alaska this summer.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Do you check out any of the nugget shoothing forums we have here in AZ. If you want a good one take a look at arizonagoldprospectors.com. It is by far the best one around.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ARIZONA GUIDE
    Do you check out any of the nugget shoothing forums we have here in AZ. If you want a good one take a look at arizonagoldprospectors.com. It is by far the best one around.
    Just registered - waiting for response. Will check it out. Would like to find same here in Colorado.

Rocky

I was surfing the forum and ran across this old thread that I had started. It reminds me of all the great and helpful people I found on the forum.

I just want to tell you all THANKS

I appreciate all the sharing on the site.

Rocky

Default Seven Troughs Mining District

Hello;
    Someone mentioned the seven troughs mining district. I live near there..Only buildings left standing are at the Tunnel Camp site. but the Drive up Seven Troughs Canyon is close and worth a look.The BLM has done a good job of cleaning up at Tunnel Camp and there is a four stamp stamp mill still standing as well some cabins, small shop, a few outhouses, as well as a brick assay office. It's not a bad drive to come east fron lovlock, You can also drive west from SR 447 over the limbo Range or south off of Sulfer/Jungo Rd but the roads are not well posted or maintained. As mentioned earlier Always have a full fuel tank and also carry a supply of drinking water and food. An extra Spare tire if possable. I also carry a 12V air compressor and tire plug kit with me.
    KW

Quote Originally Posted by blkrokbear View Post
    Hello;

Someone mentioned the seven troughs mining district. I live near there..Only buildings left standing are at the Tunnel Camp site. but the Drive up Seven Troughs Canyon is close and worth a look.The BLM has done a good job of cleaning up at Tunnel Camp and there is a four stamp stamp mill still standing as well some cabins, small shop, a few outhouses, as well as a brick assay office. It's not a bad drive to come east fron lovlock, You can also drive west from SR 447 over the limbo Range or south off of Sulfer/Jungo Rd but the roads are not well posted or maintained. As mentioned earlier Always have a full fuel tank and also carry a supply of drinking water and food. An extra Spare tire if possable. I also carry a 12V air compressor and tire plug kit with me.
    KW
    Thanks bear. I'm in Winnemucca, so I'm not too far from there. I was wondering if there was much left. It sounds like it's worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by blkrokbear View Post
    Hello;
    KW
    My son and I planning a side trip to Seven Troughs, Vernon and the Eagle Picher mine this summer as part of our 2008 Summer Desert trip.

I found Seven Troughs the first time in 1986, well before the internet, GPS or bulletin boards. How did I do it back then?????

I am going to be at Rye Patch this weekend, hopefully in the campground by the dam. GT'in and fishin. Come by if you see the bright red sportage. Of course after Saturday afternoon it should be brown.
    6/27

Welcome to the site. I live in Reno and am looking for someone to go out GT'ing. I usually go alone. You can send a private message to me by clicking on teds280z by the avitor if you would like to talk.

Thread Information