Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new in utah

Default looking local?

If your in Riverton, you are a short hop skip and jump away from quite a few nice ghost towns. Head out towards cedar fort, when you get to Five mile pass, head west then south (there is a cut off right as the road turns to the north, you go west for a 1/4 mile then head south) The road is easy except for a few sandy spots, a little momentum should take you right through. Keep going for about 20-25 minutes till you come to a fence on the east side of the road, there is a gate that you can open there, go through the gate and keep heading east, it will wind you up a neat little canyon with a pretty easy road. Top of that canyon is nice little town. Oh and if you are willing, right before the townsite is what looks like a river run off, its actually a road too... cuts to the south... follow that up to some more old, nice diggings, geodes, and stalagtites all over in the mines up there, but watch your step there are some steep vertical shafts. Need more info, just email.
    (btw.. IMHO, Frisco is not the best in Utah, I would say its one of the worst, not much left and everyone knows about it, not uncommon to have a few people up there while you are wandering about. The mines are nice, but you need rope to get anywhere good... ) Sego is still pretty nice if you get off the beaten trail, there is a nice cabin with a mine entrance under it in the canyon behind the main rock standing building.
    Corey Shuman
    aka one_bad_rover or Blke36bimmer
    cshuman@goldrushexpeditions.com
    www.goldrushexpeditions.com

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Corey: Where's that little town you describe from the old Pony Express Route near Five Mile Pass? I'm havin' trouble with your directions from that point. Looks kinda bumpy to me. OJ

Default Town name?

Its Topliff, thanks to the info from GT Bob. Roads out there are all pretty simple until you get into the canyon. I wouldnt attempt the side road unless you have a good 4wd that doesnt mind a little pinstriping and a nice angle to drive on.... if you need more help finding it, lmk!!

http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/T...ode%20Cave.htm
    Corey Shuman
    aka one_bad_rover or Blke36bimmer
    cshuman@goldrushexpeditions.com
    www.goldrushexpeditions.com

Default Help - Frisco Cemetery project

I recieved this note from a gentleman in Utah. Can anyone help me answer his question? Read below. If you have an answer let me know and I will forward to him. I left his name and email off on purpose. THANKS

My name is XXXXX and I live in Cedar City, Utah about 70 miles from the ghost town of Frisco. While walking around Frisco over the Presidentís Day weekend I discovered the Frisco cemetery and am interested in obtaining more information about it. Iím President of a Catholic menís group (Knights f Columbus) in Cedar City and am thinking that cleaning the cemetery up would make a good service project for our group, but would like more information on how many people are buried there and if possible their names. A plat of grave locations and names would be most helpful. Iíve contacted the Utah State Historical Society, but all they can tell me is that there is a cemetery, which I already know, and that they record 28 people buried there. Do you have any more specific information about the cemetery or know who may?
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Default So many Ghost Towns.......

With so many Ghost towns in Utah has anyone heard of, or does anyone know where the town of Galluli (sp?) was located? Its was supposedly in the Carbon/Emery County area. I was born and raised in that area and a friend in Salt Lake City asked me about it. I am 40 and it kinda rang a bell. I asked my father who is 87 and he says he remembers hearing it but can't place it either. My friend's grandfather was born there so I would like to help her locate it. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. I am brand new here. I love this site!!!

I lived in Emery County for a few years but haven't heard of this place. But then I didn't get into southern Emery County much; I just stayed in the northern part by Ferron, Castle Dale and Huntington.

Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Thread Information