Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found An Unlisted Ghost Town!

Cool Found An Unlisted Ghost Town!

I went out on the road today for a short hop to the ghost town of Maxdale. I was amazed to find it unlisted at Ghosttowns.com.
    And oh, does this place have some tales.
    All that remains are a Baptist Church, a Revival Barn, an outhouse, a caretakers cabin, a ruin and the cemetery. There is also an old bridge made of iron and wood.
    The bridge was the first thing I saw, standing tall and from my perspective, old.
    Tales abound of a man who failed to rescue his lady from drowning, thus, he hung himself from the bridge.
    I hear tell that if you walk onto the bridge on a certain night and at a certain time and shout "Mary", you might hear footsteps running towards you and see red, glowing eyes coming at you from out of the darkness.
    Another tale tells of a bus driver who, whole crossing the bridge had a heart attack. He and the students went over and into the river and all of them died.
    Heavy footsteps and moans mark the presence of his tormented ghost.
    If you cross the bridge and the county road, you will come to Maxdale Cemetery.
    Some of the graves there go back as far as the 1860's!
    A local legend tells of a woman there who allegedly practised Black Magic and caused the death of one of the ranchers in the area. She was summarily captured by a memebers of the local citizenry...and hanged...without a trial.
    Just before that horse on which she sat got that telltale smack on the a**, she pronounced a curse upon the town.
    Evidently, the curse worked.

Default Awesome info!

I would like to know what state, county and general location it may be in so I may visit it too.

Thanks!

Jim

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default maxdale, tx

Maxdale was (is) in Bell County, Texas about 9 mile SW of Killeen on the South Bank of the Lampasas River. The cemetery is at 30-59-13 N, 97-49-48 W. The old bridge is about .2 clicks north of the cemetery, the old townsite back west a bit. I posted to Ghosttowns.com. Suggest you use Sundance's pics as they appear authentic. Old Judge
    Last edited by old judge; 02-05-2006 at 03:48 PM.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Question Unlisted Ghost Town

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance
    I went out on the road today for a short hop to the ghost town of Maxdale. I was amazed to find it unlisted at Ghosttowns.com.
    And oh, does this place have some tales.
    All that remains are a Baptist Church, a Revival Barn, an outhouse, a caretakers cabin, a ruin and the cemetery. There is also an old bridge made of iron and wood.
    The bridge was the first thing I saw, standing tall and from my perspective, old.
    Tales abound of a man who failed to rescue his lady from drowning, thus, he hung himself from the bridge.
    I hear tell that if you walk onto the bridge on a certain night and at a certain time and shout "Mary", you might hear footsteps running towards you and see red, glowing eyes coming at you from out of the darkness.
    Another tale tells of a bus driver who, whole crossing the

bridge had a heart attack. He and the students went over and into the river and all of them died.
    Heavy footsteps and moans mark the presence of his tormented ghost.
    If you cross the bridge and the county road, you will come to Maxdale Cemetery.
    Some of the graves there go back as far as the 1860's!
    A local legend tells of a woman there who allegedly practised Black Magic and caused the death of one of the ranchers in the area. She was summarily captured by a memebers of the local citizenry...and hanged...without a trial.
    Just before that horse on which she sat got that telltale smack on the a**, she pronounced a curse upon the town.
    Evidently, the curse worked.
    Robert Redford, is that realy you??? what about some of those places you and Butch visited are they listed?
    J &S

someone told me there is a whiches grave in the maxdale cemetary if any one knows about this please reply with info

Exclamation Theres more to the story

THe story also says that you can hear the children singing at night and if you sit ur car by the bridge facing the cemetary and you blink your binkers 3 times a man with a lantern will apear and disapear. its also said that there are alot of bones under the bridge and theres a story about a girl hung herself on the bridge and then her boyfriend wrote her a poem on the bridge and hung himself soon after. I've been up there at night and as i crossed the bridge it felt as if some on was watching me from underneith through the many holes it has. I've been through the graveyard too and some of the graves are open but its filled with dirt.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by beckerooz254
    THe story also says that you can hear the children singing at night and if you sit ur car by the bridge facing the cemetary and you blink your binkers 3 times a man with a lantern will apear and disapear. its also said that there are alot of bones under the bridge and theres a story about a girl hung herself on the bridge and then her boyfriend wrote her a poem on the bridge and hung himself soon after. I've been up there at night and as i crossed the bridge it felt as if some on was watching me from underneith through the many holes it has. I've been through the graveyard too and some of the graves are open but its filled with dirt.
    Don't get me started. For the love of God and all that is holy, don't let me comment on this post. Please stop me now.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hi B10x.
    Say, what do you think about the previous post? You know, jes wondrin' .
    bb.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by beckerooz254
    Duh man, like me too. I think we go to the same middle school. I hear the children singing too. They keep singing "Kill the white people" over and over again and I think I'm going to do it soon except I'm a white people so I'm confused. I was with my cousin Shamu Shamu (he's French) and we tried blinking our lights four times and a wildebeast appeared and crapped on the ground right in front of the car. When we flashed our lights five times Mel Torme' (see gates of Mel thread) came out of no where leading an albino shaved Yak and gave us the finger. We also discovered the same pile of bones under the bridge, and it was wayyy scary. They were real little, like the bones of children, and they were placed neatly inside KFC chicken buckets, almost as though someone were eating the children. And for some creepy reason they smelled like buffalo wings. And I heard the same story except the girl hung herself after reading the poem from the boyfriend after she wrote a poem to her mom and then the boyfriend read the thing and he wrote a poem to his dog and the dog just ate the thing and ran off. I also have been there at night and I seen the open graves but they weren't really open because they actually were filled but its way scary if you pretend they are actully dug up even though they are all filled in. Are you the boy from gym class that the older kids make you wear your underwear on your head? They used to make me do that to, and it made me dizzy and see all these eyes looking at me, but they stopped making me do that when I wore my underwear on my head after I crapped in my pants. They all got sick and puked and stuff and called me bad names.

Thread Information