Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abandoned Mine

Default Abandoned Mine

Does anyone know how I can locate who owns a certain mine or what was mined from a mine that I came across while hiking? It is on BLM land in southern Calif. in my home town but nobody around here seems to know anything about it and it has peeked my curiousity.

Default USGS, BLM and County Records

The most obvious are the BLM, USGS, USBM, and the county recorder. If you post the coordinates, someone on this forum may be able to assist you as well. A description might help us as well.
    Yet Another Bob

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hey pilgrim: Hike out there with one of those GPS thingeys and post the coordinates here. Someone will either help you out or jump your claim. OJ

After you get the coordinates, send me a personal email. I'd be glad to try and help you. Heh, heh ,heh.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Tammy: Don't mind me and Flatiron. Ol' Bob'll shoot straight with ya. OJ

Cool

You're right OJ. I can't shoot straight anymore, with only one eye. Heck, I have a hard time hitting the center of the bowl.........

Thumbs up Sure Can!

Quote Originally Posted by tammy
    Does anyone know how I can locate who owns a certain mine or what was mined from a mine that I came across while hiking? It is on BLM land in southern Calif. in my home town but nobody around here seems to know anything about it and it has peeked my curiousity.
    As the others have stated, yea, it shouldn't be to hard to identify. If you wish to post its general location or coordinates it would be very helpful. If you want, feel free to contact me via email: GhostTowns@DesertMines.com I happen to have the USBM mine database that I built attached to a topographic map program that makes identifying mines very easy.

~Dezdan
    http://www.DesertMines.com
    http://www.Death-Valley.us

Default abandoned mine

You guys are funny! I dont mind who knows about the mine, I just want to satisfy my curiosity! Anyway its name is Desert Star Base Mine and it is located in Anza,Ca. What I remember being near the mine is alot of pink quartz, if you know anything I would appreciate your help!! Thanks Tammy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tammy
    You guys are funny! I dont mind who knows about the mine, I just want to satisfy my curiosity! Anyway its name is Desert Star Base Mine and it is located in Anza,Ca. What I remember being near the mine is alot of pink quartz, if you know anything I would appreciate your help!! Thanks Tammy
    Tammy, I take it that mine is a shallow pit and not a shaft or a tunnel?

~Dezdan

Default abandoned mine

Well I am no expert by far but I would guess it to be more of a tunnel, when I came upon its entrance I was shocked becuase I had been walking on top of it without knowing it was there, I came down a bit of a slope and around the corner and there was this opening almost tall enuogh to stand in, it seemed like it may go deep into the ground like a tunnel. I was not prepared for a mine so I did not attempt to go inside, although I am tempted to go back!! Tammy

Thread Information