Thread: WANTED...Oregon info

Talking WANTED...Oregon info

Hi all...I'm new to the forum. I've visited the GhostTown site in the past but have never really taken a look at the forum. Dumb me, it seems great! My husband and I love to go backroading and finding interesting, historical things, like old towns and cemetaries. Can't stand that touristy stuff!

My daughter recently moved to Portland Oregon and we are planning to visit next month. I;ve never been to Oregon and am sooo excited to see this beautiful (I've heard) state. We have a rustic cabin rented for part of the time and plan to do what we love the most, backroading. We'll be in the Clackamas County area and the Mt. Hood area mostly. I know there is plenty to see there anyway but I'm never satisfied until I can find that place that not many see. Would appreciate any info anyone can share with us about interesting roads or things to see.

My Father worked for a time in the Estacada area logging in the late 30's or early 40's. Would love to find out more info about where he worked, etc. too.

I'm so happy to have found this forum and others who are addicted to the "out-of-the-way" as we are!!

Let me know if I can help anyone with info about Minnesota (where we live).

Thanks,

Rita

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Question Oregon Ghost Towns

Quote Originally Posted by ramwam
    Hi all...I'm new to the forum. I've visited the GhostTown site in the past but have never really taken a look at the forum. Dumb me, it seems great! My husband and I love to go backroading and finding interesting, historical things, like old towns and cemetaries. Can't stand that touristy stuff!

My daughter recently moved to Portland Oregon and we are planning to visit next month. I;ve never been to Oregon and am sooo excited to see this beautiful (I've heard) state. We have a rustic cabin rented for part of the time and plan to do what we love the most, backroading. We'll be in the Clackamas County area and the Mt. Hood area mostly. I know there is plenty to see there anyway but I'm never satisfied until I can find that place that not many see. Would appreciate any info anyone can share with us about interesting roads or things to see.

My Father worked for a time in the Estacada area logging in the late 30's or early 40's. Would love to find out more info about where he worked, etc. too.

I'm so happy to have found this forum and others who are addicted to the "out-of-the-way" as we are!!

Let me know if I can help anyone with info about Minnesota (where we live).

Thanks,

Rita
    We just wondered if you and your husband and family found any interesting historical ghost town sites while you guys were vacationing in Oregon, Did you check out "Gold Hill" that strange mining town that had a vortex that we wrote several months ago Gold Hill, has their own web site. it is Mystery@oregonvortex

Sheila & Johnnie
    Last edited by Johnnie; 10-28-2005 at 06:39 AM.

Thread Information