Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: how do you get to your gost towns

Default how do you get to your gost towns

So after my last trip i have discoverd that ghost towns are ither right besid the freway or a million miles in the sticks i prefer the later but what do you all us as transportation to your ghost towns i have 2 hevialy modifed rigs that are verry street able but i was wonderign how thae rest of us got to where where going

we use the wifes jeep on short runs and my 4runner on long trips bolth set up with air lockers and we have multi mount winches just in case but i tend to go on the extreme side sence out outher hobbie is wheeling in places like MOAB and the RUBICON in calaforina

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

1978 IH ScoutII. After the next few weekends it will be lifted and be locked and loaded.

cool im looking at replacing my 4runner i cant deside on wether to get a fj55 cruzer or a 77 travler i have had my eye on ither way its ARBS and 36" swampers

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Travelers are nice, 18" longer bed than a SII and just a bit longer WB. Now Travel All's are way too big for my taste. Last thing I need to be doing is cutting down trees so I can get my truck down a trail. Like those Hummer guys

Depends on the condition of the trail I plan on using. For mild trails we take the '69 Ford 44. On hardcore trails, we take the '68 Jeepster.
    Rockcrusher
    110,000 square miles of desert to play in . . . And the government owns 87% of it

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default The Ghosttowns.com Jeep

Heavily modified jeep - TBT alumiflex, cage, bumpers and skids, Rubicon 44's warn full float and arb lockers front and rear and much more but the best thing is the custom 3 car seat cage in the rear so the kids can come!

Post your pics here:

My 4-runner & our partner's Tacoma do a pretty good job of taking us where we need to go.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    What do you mean GaryB? Those Hummer guys are "NEVER" on or off the trail. Thay might get that H2 or H3 dirty, or worse yet, scratched. They sure look cool driving around Scottsdale, though.

I know of a few H1 guys that like to go out and give the Sierra Club something to complain about. Every H2 (4 so far) I've seen on a trail is either stuck or broke down. I guess the owners really believe the commercials on TV.

Default Hummers - and how to get there!

Around these parts we have streetch limo H1's, riducalous looking, jacked up but scratch free H2s, and a bunch of poser's driving them as well BUT my friends Rod and Chad Hall do a fine job in desert with those big old things so not all Hummer owners are posers Me I use my straight 6 92 Bronco, my 300,000 mile 88 Ford Van (Also straight 6), my Suzuki Enduro (If I need a street legal vehicle) or an old Husqvarna if I don't and at last resort, my legs to hike in to ferret out Ghost Towns.
    Yet Another Bob

there are some really nice rigs here i never would have thought well it looks as tho i will be replacing the 4 runner with a FJ55 wagon ford ranger or jeep cherokee what ever i get ill modd the crap out of it becous thats what i do stock is LAME

Thread Information