Thread: wanted retiree summer job/fun

Smile wanted retiree summer job/fun

i am a 66 yo mil/postal retiree and my wife. i do not know if this is appropriate forum for this BUT. where do we look for summerjob/fun in ghost town areas. any info will be great. e mail herrkuntz@yahoo.com

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default summer jobs

I've always thought a caretaker/host position with the Park Services might be interesting. I've camped in numerous Parks in my home state, and in a few in the SW which were at least close to Ghost Town areas. Some of those jobs keep the host pretty busy, while others seem to leave time for leisure activities. OJ

Default Believe it or not

Most of our campground host summer positions at our nifty forest campgrounds have more applicants than positions but then it is beautiful high forest with Ponderosa Pine in the Canyons and Bristlecone pine on the hills and well maintain camp sites just 20 some miles from Las Vegas and the concessionaire actually gives good compensation (Not great pay but enough to keep ya in Bacon and Beans) . If you want a lot of work, we're always looking for more help a Rhyolite but in the summer it is very hot, most of the summer tourists are from other countries, they ask a lot of questions and there are no camping facilities or running water (OK not the ideal job). I'd contact the National Park Service and Forest Service looking for places not managed by concessionaires,. as the have less demand, more need for help, and are harder to find volunteers. Good luck on your search.
    Yet Another Bob

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default outdoor amenities

Flatiron: What about some of the requirements? What do you think? My visit to www.workamper.com was very interesting, and I thank you. I did wonder about the facilities though. Some of those two-story out-houses looked iffy. Do you have experience in that regard? Besides in Oklahoma, of course. OJ
    Last edited by old judge; 09-14-2005 at 03:43 PM.

From national parks to ballparks to amusement parks, seasonal hiring is heating up at a whole host of summer vacation playgrounds. For many retirees, this is the perfect time to scoop up short-term work that lasts anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. There are many job opportunities out there for retired people during summer. Here's the source: job-seeking retirees

Thread Information