Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moose City Idaho???

Default Moose City Idaho???

I'm a little new at this. Has anyone ever been to Moose City in Clearwater County Idaho? I have researched it, I know it started in 1869 and is shown on Idaho maps from then but vanishes between 1895 and 1905. It is a "city of importance" (according to the Idaho Historical Society) but is "unsurvayed" (what ever that means).I have a 4X4 map (2002) showing it to be on trail #255. It looks like it's not easy to get there. I live in Wallace ID and it does not seem far, just rough trails. Just wondering if there is anything left and if it's worth the trip? Any info is appriciated.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Default "Moose City"

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    I'm a little new at this. Has anyone ever been to Moose City in Clearwater County Idaho? I have researched it, I know it started in 1869 and is shown on Idaho maps from then but vanishes between 1895 and 1905. It is a "city of importance" (according to the Idaho Historical Society) but is "unsurvayed" (what ever that means).I have a 4X4 map (2002) showing it to be on trail #255. It looks like it's not easy to get there. I live in Wallace ID and it does not seem far, just rough trails. Just wondering if there is anything left and if it's worth the trip? Any info is appriciated.
    Teddy, John Amerson @ the Wallace Mining Museum, might be of some help or guide you in right direction, lots of luck.

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 09-24-2005 at 08:17 AM.

Default No One Knows the Moose!

The people at the mining museum didn't seem to know anything more than me. I guess I will go look for my self. BUT.. if anyone has ever been to Moose City in Clearwater county Idaho, please let me know if there is anything standing and/or if it's worth the trip. The map shows it to be a pretty good ways of nothing but trail. Traveling at 10 miles per hour can make for a long day and would like to know if there is anything to see besides trees (I assume they have trees there). If anyother hunters would like to go along let me know and perhaps we can plan a trip. I have not driven these trails before so I do not know what the trail is like. I am driving a Jeep Rubicon with a 3" lift so I think I am okay.

pocatello,idaho...land of milk and honey!

Exclamation

teddy...when ya gonna go?..im in pocatello and would like ta go if my schedule allows..
    ghostriderghostriderghostriderghostrider

Default Moose on the Loose

I doubt I will be able to go to early next summer. I do have some time in mid October but I know that the weather changes up here about the same time. If you are interested I would say we should plan for June. It's a long ways away but I just don't think I can do it any sooner.

Default Trip to Moose City Idaho

My wife and I drove up to the location of Moose City Idaho yesterday, October 10,2005. We located the site using the software on our GPS. If we were in the correct location, which may be doubtful, there was no evidence of the former ghost town. We walked around and explored, but found nothing. The drive up there is actually quite easy and the scenery beautiful.

Default Has anyone ever been to Moose City?

Hi, My names Kaci and I live around Deary Idaho..I was wondering if you ever made it to Moose City? If you did or didnt I was wondering if you have information about it today is March 22, 2009

Default A little Moose City history

Hey all,

Found this on the web. I am sure anyone interested has already seen this reference to Moose City from the Idaho State Historical Society, but if not, here is the link. It explains a tiny bit of history and tells of the fate of a group of Chinese Miners who lived there.

http://www.idahohistory.net/Reference%20Series/0828.pdf

Satellite maps reveal some kind of settlement right above where the Moose City is supposed to be.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...27874&t=h&z=16

There's some signs of civilization above where Moose City is acoording to google satelite maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...27874&t=h&z=16

Thread Information