Thread: Cedar Knolls, Maryland

Thumbs up Cedar Knolls, Maryland

Im looking for anyone who had ever received the privelege of visiting the once magnificant Cedar Knolls, near the woman's detention center near jessup md. off of Brock bridge road in western aa co, it stood a good hundred acres, or so it seemed. Alot of kids who had visited it often mistook it for the far more elusive Glen Dale hospital in Bowie. Although Glen Dale was rather similar in structure, Cedar Knolls was alot more "user friendly". This meaning no one would come after you, or wait by your near-parked car to arrest you.

Cedar Knolls was once RIP located on Jolly Acres road in i believe howard or aa co...near the border of one think ho. Near the NSA employees exit ramp, it stood a good 40-50 buidings strong. Often containing lots of explorable places, including an African American church, elementary school, and long housing for "solitary patients". We still have old records weve found there , supposedly left in 93 or so but its soo creepy. the inground pool was litterally "fenced in" and green, and the school gym was left with only asbestos and one deflated pitifull basketball... anyone who remembers this place hit me up.....

Thumbs up Hello Fellow Marylander

I know of these places you are speaking of I have not visited these yet but they are on my list. I was just at Chestnut Lodge and that was great I can't wait to go back. I am looking at going to Henryton Sanitarium next. Are you part of any groups? I have been looking for other people from this area to share info with.

Spacey Tracey
    Spacey Tracey

Default Cedar Knolls & Glen Dale Hospital

I have been to Cedar Knolls. Man is that place creepy. I literally felt like someone was following me watching my every move. Now Glen dale i haven't been there yet. Does anyone know how to get there and the best way to get in without being seen? You can email me at jasonsbabi86@aol.com. I am always looking 4 new ppll to join me in these expeditions. Please help.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Cedr nolls and glendale be sum creepy stuff. Me and J-Man (Johnnie) and Johnnie's woman (Sheila) went out there one night with Flatiron(Dumb butt), and what a night we had. Wurking with those ol fashioned carbon lamps (Johnnie's affeared of electricity) was sumpthin else. Dumb Butt woodn't get out of the car ('57 Buick), Sheila disapeered in the ladys room, an that jest left me an J-Man. You aint lived til you had J-man huggin' you and squeelin in one a those ol Hospital shafts. He yellin "SHEEEEEEELAAaaa" ,,, and Sheilas in the crappper. Then e yelled "Dumdbbbbie", and D Bs in the car. Then he yellled dat me. An we got out a there. J-man an Sheila got thgather later, an DBs somewhere. Id jest say be careful......it culd empackt the rest of yur liff. OJ

Default cedar knolls`

can anyone give me directions to cedar knoll?

DrewInBalto Guest

Default Cedar Knolls site is cleared for development

Cedar Knolls was in the dirt area between National Business Parkway and the BW Parkway. See here:

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&o...22659&t=h&om=1

I remember stumbling on it about 10 years ago while trying to figure out where Jolly Acres Road went. I think the buildings were razed only in the last year or so.

cedar knolls was demolished about a year and a half ago, maybe longer. Me and some friends went there numerous times.

We had a couple run ins with strange things. I also have some really strange pictures from there. I do not have a scanner, but i may be able to take pics of them and post them up.

I have a pretty good amount of info about the place, pre and post demo. Also know a bit of the history of the building and the reasons for it being shut down.

If you want to know more about it, send me a message.

Justin

Default cedar knoll

I grew up in Howard County, living in LA now but growing up.. that is one vivid memory I have. Is it completely leveled now? I used google maps satellite view and it looks like it's gone!!

Any new places hit me up!

Cedar Knolls was leveled about 5 years ago. The reason unfortunately you cannot find it on Brock Bridge Road is because it is no longer called that. It is called The Maryland Corrections Youth Detention Center and is part of Maryland Correctional Facilitation and resides to the left of The Maryland Women's Correctional facility. the address is 7943 Brock Bridge Rd. and houses juvinilles either until their sentence is somplete, or they reach 18 and get moved to whichever correctional facility they are assigned to as an adult. Sorry But check out Forest Haven off of 198 in Laurel. It is heavily guarded, but usually during the day they are a little more lenient. Hope that helps!

Default thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by myssie View Post
    Cedar Knolls was leveled about 5 years ago. The reason unfortunately you cannot find it on Brock Bridge Road is because it is no longer called that. It is called The Maryland Corrections Youth Detention Center and is part of Maryland Correctional Facilitation and resides to the left of The Maryland Women's Correctional facility. the address is 7943 Brock Bridge Rd. and houses juvinilles either until their sentence is somplete, or they reach 18 and get moved to whichever correctional facility they are assigned to as an adult. Sorry But check out Forest Haven off of 198 in Laurel. It is heavily guarded, but usually during the day they are a little more lenient. Hope that helps!
    Yup You used to be able to see it on google maps too... It was my inner rebellious teenage youth.. It was such an AWESOME experience and I am so glad I wetn through that.. Thanks again for the help!

Henryton used to be a great place too apparently!!! Ahh.. I miss Columbia!!

Thread Information