Thread: Tin Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Tin Cup

Hey Johnnie.... You got any info on the road from the south into Tin Cup. I was in snow in August, 2004. Looks like it could be worse now, AND bumpy. OJ

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Wink Tin Cup

Quote Originally Posted by old judge
    Hey Johnnie.... You got any info on the road from the south into Tin Cup. I was in snow in August, 2004. Looks like it could be worse now, AND bumpy. OJ
    Hello! Fellow Ghosttowner, The elements are a problem everywhere you go as you already know, and pop up when you lease expect them,

And we will check up on your request more often, and thanks for letting the rest of us know what is around the bend.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 10-13-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Wink "Tin Cup"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie
    Hello! Fellow Ghosttowner, The elements are a problem everywhere you go as you already know, and pop up when you lease expect them,

And we will check up on your request more often, and thanks for letting the rest of us know what is around the bend.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Hey! O. J. where have you been lately? We have not herd your opinion on the bumpy roads to Tin Cup, and othe remote sites.

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm here. Just going through one of my quiet phases. Mike

I'm here. Just going through one of my quiet phases. Mike
    Judge, I was having one of my sleepless nights and surfing the TV Channels. Some show was just coming to a close about rattlesnakes in Oklahoma. Made it sound like you couldn't take a step without finding one. What is the real truth?

I go out in the plains in Colorado and find some depending on weather and which cousin, nephew, grandkid is here. Sometimes we stir some up sometimes not.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Default Rattlesnakes

Rocky: Rattlesnakes, yes. Problem, don't think so. Lived and traveled and hiked and camped Oklahoma for many decades; I'm 62. Personally know 0 rattlesnake victims, 3 copperhead victims and 0 cottenmouth (water mocassin) victims. Have seen 18 or 20 copperheads, numerous cottonmouths, and maybe a dozen or two dozen rattlesnakes. Have rattlesnake hunts, which net numerous rattlers. That, of course, means folks hunting for them. A careful and knowledgeble hiker won't be much at risk. I know more victims of rocky mountain spotted fever and rabies than snakebite. 2 and 1 respectively. Yeah. We got 'em. Yeah. You can get afoul of one. If you're not careful, or just plain unlucky. Don't let that keep you from visiting. OJ

Wink "Tin Cup"

What are the weather conditions in and around Tin Cup in July, We have a friends that are planing a trip to that area. They are getting tired of the scenary around here.
    J & S
    Last edited by Johnnie; 04-26-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Default Tin Cup

Johnnie: Weather is great in July. Road up from Pitkin is a little bumpy and narrow though. By the way, I posted some new pics of Tin Cup a couple of weeks ago on this site. Check 'em out. OJ and Bride

Default You will love it

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie
    What are the weather conditions in and around Tin Cup in July, We have a friends that are planing a trip to that area. They are getting tired of the scenary around here.
    J & S
    That time of year it is beautiful. You can sometimes run into a day with cold and possibly even snow at that altitiude but it is rare in July.

If they have some nerve and a 4X4 they should take the pass from St Elmo to get to Tin Cup. That would allow them to see St Elmo and some interesting scenery over the pass.
    Last edited by Mikejts; 04-26-2006 at 03:43 PM.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Thread Information