Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tin Cup

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Tin Cup

Hey Johnnie.... You got any info on the road from the south into Tin Cup. I was in snow in August, 2004. Looks like it could be worse now, AND bumpy. OJ

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Wink Tin Cup

Quote Originally Posted by old judge
    Hey Johnnie.... You got any info on the road from the south into Tin Cup. I was in snow in August, 2004. Looks like it could be worse now, AND bumpy. OJ
    Hello! Fellow Ghosttowner, The elements are a problem everywhere you go as you already know, and pop up when you lease expect them,

And we will check up on your request more often, and thanks for letting the rest of us know what is around the bend.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 10-13-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Wink "Tin Cup"

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie
    Hello! Fellow Ghosttowner, The elements are a problem everywhere you go as you already know, and pop up when you lease expect them,

And we will check up on your request more often, and thanks for letting the rest of us know what is around the bend.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Hey! O. J. where have you been lately? We have not herd your opinion on the bumpy roads to Tin Cup, and othe remote sites.

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm here. Just going through one of my quiet phases. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by old judge
    I'm here. Just going through one of my quiet phases. Mike
    Judge, I was having one of my sleepless nights and surfing the TV Channels. Some show was just coming to a close about rattlesnakes in Oklahoma. Made it sound like you couldn't take a step without finding one. What is the real truth?

I go out in the plains in Colorado and find some depending on weather and which cousin, nephew, grandkid is here. Sometimes we stir some up sometimes not.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Default Rattlesnakes

Rocky: Rattlesnakes, yes. Problem, don't think so. Lived and traveled and hiked and camped Oklahoma for many decades; I'm 62. Personally know 0 rattlesnake victims, 3 copperhead victims and 0 cottenmouth (water mocassin) victims. Have seen 18 or 20 copperheads, numerous cottonmouths, and maybe a dozen or two dozen rattlesnakes. Have rattlesnake hunts, which net numerous rattlers. That, of course, means folks hunting for them. A careful and knowledgeble hiker won't be much at risk. I know more victims of rocky mountain spotted fever and rabies than snakebite. 2 and 1 respectively. Yeah. We got 'em. Yeah. You can get afoul of one. If you're not careful, or just plain unlucky. Don't let that keep you from visiting. OJ

Default A word of caution

I totally agree that most rattlesnakes are well behaved and don't represent a threat to a prudent person or dog BUT south of here we have a pesky critter who ain't like the rest. I'm not to keen on the differences in venoms but this rattler has far more leathal venom and is far more inclined to strike first without rattling. I don't know neuro-toxin from regular toxin but these things called locally "Mohave Greens" are loathsome serpants. I carry my 357 with shot shells when forced to bein their turf and don't bring my beagle. I tend to do all my ghost towning around their turf in the dead of winter so I can bring my doggie and not worry. I don't personally know anyone who has died but do know people with big divots where muscle and meat used to be.
    Yet Another Bob

I lived in AZ for about 10 years and saw plenty of rattlesnakes especially around Easter Time each year. Never spent much time in the Mohave so I don't believe I ever saw a "Mohave Green". Of course I am not sure I would know the difference between it and a diamond back.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

They're in Red Rock State Park (the one outside Vegas) too. Though not as in plenty like they are South of Vegas. Only seen a few and they do seem more aggressive than the common rattler. Then again, so do Sidewinders when you chase them on a ATV on a sand dune One (Mohave) I hit with a car on the highway by accident. Stopped and looked at it and it was about 4' long He wasn't too happy that I'd broken his back. Now he hangs on my friends wall.

A good rattler desription link:http://www.ndow.org/wild/living/snake.shtm

Also a myth page:http://www.michaelcardwell.com/myths.htm

Wink "Tin Cup"

Hey! O. J. what the latest on the road to "Tin Cup" From what we heard the road has not been maintained in last day or so. Is there any plan to keep it cleared for us trial blazers.

J & S

Thread Information