Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Valley

Default Death Valley

Heading back to Death Valley for our annual Thanksgiving trip, been doing it for 20+ years now, and am looking for some off the beaten path, ghosttowns/mining camps. We are very respectful of the sights and have capable 4 wheelers to get us to remote locations if someone wishes to pass along their findings.
    thanks

Default books

as a side note, anyone recommend some good books?

Check out Michel Digonnet's book, "Hiking Death Valley: A Guide to Its Natural Wonders & Mining Past", it should be of much help to you!

~Dezdan
    http://www.Death-Valley.us

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Cool Remote Locations

Quote Originally Posted by honuboy311
    Heading back to Death Valley for our annual Thanksgiving trip, been doing it for 20+ years now, and am looking for some off the beaten path, ghosttowns/mining camps. We are very respectful of the sights and have capable 4 wheelers to get us to remote locations if someone wishes to pass along their findings.
    thanks
    There are two good mining camps in Souther california that are hard to get to that come to mine, and the first one is "Panamint City", just north/east of Panamint Valley, but is no longer open for vechiles because of recent landslides, but can be hiked too if you have the time. It is around six hour hike and the other ghost camp is "Bevenridge" and is said to be very rewarding, And is said to be near New York Peak in Sierra's, in east of Owens Valley California.

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 11-02-2005 at 08:30 AM.

Question Death Valley California

Quote Originally Posted by honuboy311
    thanks
    Honuboy, Did you have a good trip to D. V. and please tell the rest of us explorers. Did you find any remote ghost towns sites that impressed you?

Your fellow ghosttowners
    J. & S.
    Last edited by Johnnie; 11-14-2006 at 10:56 AM.

Default going in 2 weeks

we are going in two weeks. we are gonna take a trip to the inyo mine, another one i can't remember the name of, and this mine that had all kinds of crystal in it, that is out by ryolyte. what is the name of the mine up above the keane wonder mine?

Default Ghost Town Trips

Keep us posted on your latest adventures.

J & S

Default pictures

i'll post some pics when we get back. we may stop by ballarat on the way out. anybody got any ideas on good laptop GPS software.

Default Pictures

Honuboy, My photo that appears on every post is of me in ballarat, California That old adobe wall and foundation was what was left of a building on main street looking N/E cooking ham & eggs The photograph was taking by "Seldom Seen Slim" with my camera in 1963. This old prospector said he had already spent 40 years in Ballarat and and loved every minute of it, and was a pal of another old prospector "Shorty Harris" who discovered the famouse "Bullfrogg" mine Slim use to tell us that "Shorty" dicovered a lot of gold stikes in California, Nevada, "The Man That Could Walk To Gold" was Slim's favorite saying, and added that "Shorty" just had that gift.

If you do make it to Ballarat, check and see if that foundation is still there and if you can please post your photos for rest of us to see what Ballarat, looks like today, we hope that there is still something left for future generations to see. Back in the 1960s a movie studio was planing to buy the town and use it for old western's movies but i don't think that ever happened.

Happy ghosttowning
    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 11-21-2005 at 06:02 AM.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Honuboy: Ya talkin' about the Big Bell Mine?? OJ

Thread Information