Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Chesnut Lodge Going In Any Advice or Want To go Maryland

My husband and I were at Chestnut Lodge in the late 80's, early 90's. I was an outpatient @ the Lodge School and he was an inpatient in 503. He went AWOL after a year and never looked back. I went for almost 3 years and finally got kicked out when I got pregnant. He & I both loved the teachers at the school (Mrs. Forsythe - you will forever be the best, Mrs. Drucker, Mr. Mays, etc...). The residential staff, some were cool, others ..... well ...... they were not. We had good times and bad times there ........ alot of memories, **** that is where my husband and I met, so I guess you could say that CL did our lives some good.
    I would love to hear from anyone who was there in the late 80's early 90's, on the adolescent side. Please email us @ cmorris@robertsoxygen.com or frenchmorris@comcast.net

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hiya
    Can't say I was ever there officially, but went in there looking for a lost moose one time years ago. His name was Mickey, and we found out Dr B had sold him to a sportsman's lodge. Or was it Dr No?

bb.

Default chestnut lodge 75-77

I went to chestnut lodge as a teen.Was there 2 years or so. I have always wanted to get in touch with some of the staff and patients that I knew. Anyone that spent time at the lodge from 1975-1977 email me. Jenna
    Pam Lillard are you out there, lisa greene, ian, david.

FYI-- Wet packs, as they were known in the psychiatry field, have been outlawed, at least in Maryland. However, it may be of interest to note that psychosurgery -- more commonly known as lobotomy-- is not yet outlawed. There is a psychiatrist in Glen Burnie who advocates lobotomy in some cases. These days it is done with a laser in a surgical suite in a hospital instead of with crude instruments in some back room of a psychiatric institution. Still-- it does seem barbaric.

Do you know what ever happened to Miss Greenberg-- the woman who wrote, "I Never Promised You A Rose Garden?" That book made a huge impression on me as a teenager and was principally responsible for my career choice, which I made pretty early on.

I was a patient there from about 86 to 89, in the ACD, house 503. Havnt thought about the place in years (supressed memories I guess). Very interesting reading the threads on this site about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProRepo View Post
    i do remember that name , it was discussed alot . Was there a doc there named Jaime Buenaventura back then ? they called him "Dr. B "
    Yes he was my administrator at Upper Cottage where I lived as an adolescent.
    Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by ProRepo View Post
    Dr B Was A **** , he did try and have me committed back in 1988 , i threatened him about his parties he was having - i was going to turn his *** in for using one of the female patients for his sex parties ! He was gluttin' for punishment ... i even had witnesses lined up for that.
    Are you serious? I would have loved to fry his ***. He was the most cruel human being. I still have nightmares from him.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniv55 View Post
    Are you serious? I would have loved to fry his ***. He was the most cruel human being. I still have nightmares from him.

That is the truth... Dr B was an evil, evil, man. That whole place was just bad, very, very bad (cruel)... Maybe I'll write a book about it one day, shine a light on what really happened there (the S#$# would hit the fan)..... S$%, all I can say steph, is that I'm sorry you had to deal with that dude, sigh.

Take care and be well

-Peace.

Default How come stories are so different?

its kinda wierd that some people have fond memories and others say they were treated with cruelty.

Thread Information