Thread: hauntings in nevada

Red face hauntings in nevada

hi all im new im from caliente nevada nad very interested in teh history of caliente wanna find some neat haunted places!!anybody here from nevada??/

Default Caliente EH!

Go over to Delamar if your in that kinda thing. There are way too many troubled souls there and it is only a hour drive. If you want some closer, investigate some of the more sad events that occurred in and around Caliente, especially if you can find someone to show you where the events occurred.. Some things to look into include some murders and violence that occurred when the railroad was being constructed (Remember there were two competing groups trying for the one route). Look into a riot that started when foreign railroad workers took umbrage when the railcar they were in was jostled and they reacted rather badly, resulting in the death of a local and the subsequent retribution invoked by the town folk was worst. If you can look into the actions of the Ku Klux Klan who picked on the Japanese Railroad Workers and other unappreciated ethnic groups like those they would call papists (Catholics). They, as much as I researched never bothered the few African Americans around there at that time (1920s). Good luck getting anyone to talk about it, I’ve yet to figure out what occurred but the Klavern disbanded after “the unfortunate Italian Incident” and I have never been able to find out what the “the unfortunate Italian Incident” actually was. If you don’t mind possibly riling some of the LDS folks, there is good fodder from the death of Sheriff George Rogers in 1866, the various “unspecified communities that appeared around that time with those connected to the incident at Mountain Meadows a wee bit to the east, look into community of Homer (I still can’t find that one), to the life and threats to a man named Philip Klingensmith, wander out to Barclay for Phil and his kins graves. Pioche had numerous troubled souls but that information is pretty well documented. I let ya ask some questions but while many may know, don’t be surprised if they profess to know nothing. Wander up to the end of Denton Heights and see if anyone will tell ya about the old goings on there. A place I’ve experienced a bit of discomfort is the Bristol Wells Cemetery but it just might be colder in July than I would think. Have fun and delve into some of these incidents and if you find something to share,post it here and I take the time to dig up dates and actual names. I Give a clue on riot: It occurred June 23, 1906 and the local killed was Deputy Sheriff J.J. Monohan.
    Last edited by Bob; 11-01-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    Yet Another Bob

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Swing by the Shady Motel and say Hi to my Aunt Rosemary Davis for me And Nolan and Teva too while you're at it if you wouldn't mind.

Talking caliente eh amd gary b

hay thanks for all the great advice!!! and gary ure aunt rosemary is cool shes my avon lady!!!ill tell them that you said hi!!!!!! whats your name do i know ya??hugs and bob i had no idea that there used to be a cemetary up there on the hill thats pretty neat but ure right alot of these people dont wanna talk about it!!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

My last name is Bodell, doubt I know you though. Other than family I don't really know many folks up there. I do come up for Memorial Day and the 4th. Will be up there after turkey day to do some Christmas tree hunting too. My parents are from up there though, so you might know them if you are a loooong time Lincoln County person.

If you make it out to Barclay, east of there on Bunker Pass road (I think that's the name of the road) there is a flood reservoir called Mathews Canyon Res. Little picnic area set up off of the road on the left, can't miss it. If you go to the dam (just beyond the picnic area) and look back west in the valley below the dam, you'll see a house. That is Joseco and it's not on very many maps, but a cool little ranch house to check out anyway. Don't know anything else about it though, even my Dad who was born and raised in Panaca/Pioche didn't know it was there

Just one of those places you find while seeing where the road goes

Talking

thanks gary ill try to getout there and look at that pplace i saw rosemary and she said to say hello back she seemed very surprised that i ran into you on the internet lol lol when ya in town stop bythe brandin iron!!!!

Default hey!

Quote Originally Posted by lavlady2000@hotmail.com View Post
    thanks gary ill try to getout there and look at that pplace i saw rosemary and she said to say hello back she seemed very surprised that i ran into you on the internet lol lol when ya in town stop bythe brandin iron!!!!
    Just wondering if you still live in caliente? If so do you know any info about the murder that just occurred there? I own a property in caliente and the news isn't releasing any info about it. Heard some weird rumors about the brandin iron which I've frequented.. That it might've been the cook Jerry?

Thread Information