Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Arch INN / Mine

Default Lost Arch INN / Mine

I took the family out to see the Lost Arch Inn/mine and thought I would share some photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Here are a couple more of some old cars abandoned on the site.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Very cool! What state are you in?

I am in California, but this was on the the California/Nevada/Arizona Border. The nearest city would be Lake Havasu City, Arizona. There were a lot more structures I didn't get the chance to explore since it was starting to get dark after we ate an early dinner, but I do have the GPS cordinates if you are in the area and wish to explore the area. we also hit Chloride, which is a semi-ghot town. Here are some photos of Chloride.

Here's some history on the Lost Arch. The Inn has a placard in front of it and I took a photo of it. We had to have 4 wheel drive in many of the spots getting there, but I am sure your Baja will have not trouble at all. There are a few sandy areas in which we had to lock up the 4 wheel drive though and we had a lot of fun trying to get over some of the ditches. I thought I wasn't going to make a few hills, but we survived. Not a single soul anywhere, so I would bring a ton of water if you go. I personally like areas without people, so I liked it. I do believe we had cell phone coverage though. I have a ton of photos, but I have to shrink them down in size to post em. If you care to see more, let me know and I will post em up.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Yes, please post more pictures! I usually do my exploring as 1 day only trips, so it would be a little far from Tucson, though, once I've fully explored this area, I'll have no choice but to expand my searches. Thanks!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

My 4X club is running Pack Saddle Loop to Windy Point and into Chloride this coming weekend. I guess a guy I work with has an ex-father-in-law that lives in Chloride. He says his house is very easy to spot, whatever that means.

I talked with an older fellow whom lived in Cholride for a while, he gave me a lot of good information and told us where to go to see a few cool things. But, I wouldn't classify Chloride as a "real" ghost town, it's more like a tourist stop. Kind of like Calico, but on a much smaller scale in terms of tourism and tourist activities. They do have some kind of show on the weekends for tourists though. But, there are endless trails for 4 wheeling out there. Have fun and safe trip. I need a real 4 wheel drive vehicle myself!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

There are some glyphs in the area I understand. Did the old guy sell lizards mounted on sticks by chance?

Ya, I hear there are glyphs and murals, but we didn't go back far enough to see them. The old guy drove an old Mercedes Benz and had a white dog. I didn't see any lizards on sticks though.

Thread Information