Thread: Saline salt tram

Default Saline salt tram

Hey everyone, new member here from Phoenix. I didn't see an introduction link, so i guess I'll start it off right here. I have been exploring old mines and ghosttowns for years and can't get enough. The bigger the better.
    I have been in numerous abandoned titan missle silos around the Tuscon area. Abandoned mines throughout AZ and especially the ones in SoCal. I am always looking to go exploring with people since its not an activity i would ever do alone. Not that i condone it but i also push the envelope as to mines that are "closed" for whatever reason. I recently explored the mine that was a fallout shelter in the Blythe CA area. The landowners supposedly closed it up years ago but access is still possible if you know where to look. Its stocked floor to ceiling with fallout supplies. I've also explored a private mine just north of Palmdale, if your from there you will know what I mean its a whole town. This spring I'm headed back to Darwin CA. There is a couple of "closed" mines that again I have inside knowledge of how to gain access, and no it doesn't involve cutting fences or locks, I don't do that. Anyway My brother and I gained access 2 years ago and discovered things you could not imagine inside. Dual elevator shafts, lunch rooms, ore carts and whole mucker trains, directions on how to apply explosives, core samples. Basically the mine was closed and EVERYTHING was left behind. Well we only explored a fraction of it, 3 levels. Later after doing some research we found out there are over 9 levels and a central tunnel which connects 3 different mines. According to the reports there are over 140 miles of tunnel, stopes, and winzes in this complex. Its bigger than Cerro Gordo. This is a link to the Saline salt tram in the Sierra nevada mountains. Very few people know about it or know where it is located, and getting too it is somewhat of a chore. But is some great history.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=6b006b5db4

babybg Guest

for real man

Quote Originally Posted by babybg View Post
    for real man
    ?????????????

Looks like a cool place to visit and an even cooler way to see it! I think one of the guys on a 4x4 forum I visit had some pics from there too.

Thread Information