Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julian, California

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Default Julian, California

I plan on traveling to San Diego in August and would like to visit Julian on my return trip. Are there any other areas worth seeing in the vicinity?

I meant to do so when I was in SD two years ago, but blew it off.

Tom
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostdancer
    I plan on traveling to San Diego in August and would like to visit Julian on my return trip. Are there any other areas worth seeing in the vicinity?

I meant to do so when I was in SD two years ago, but blew it off.

Tom
    Hiya !
    The last time I was in Julian, was in the 70's. There were some mining exhibits, and "pan for gold !". Not much different than Columbia,north of Sonora,CA.
    I don't know what has changed.Been so long.
    But, just try Julian, anyway.
    There's the "Wild Animal Park", ran by the San Diego Zoo in San Pasqual Valley.Between Escondido and Ramona.
    People say it's in San Diego. Wrong: it's closer to Escondido.But in San Diego County.
    Escondido has changed so much, I don't care to go back and visit.Lived there some 28 years.
    I just want out of Kaleefornia.
    Last edited by 45-70Ranger; 05-02-2006 at 05:15 PM.

45-70Ranger.................It's sounds like you're a pretty upstanding guy, and I understand you're desire to hightail it out of Mexifornia. I can't speak for all my fellow Arizonans, but I think you'd be welcome in the Grand Canyon State. Being a Winchester collector, I also think I know the meaning of your screen name.Bang! Bang!. Take care,,,,,,,,,,

Hiya Flatiron !
    Thank you ! You are the 3rd person to invite me to move to AZ.
    Would like to find some cheap property. In June, I can sign up for my retirement.And let the retirement
    pay for the property.
    Yeah, what's worse, my relatives are the Kennedy's;John F.,JohnJr,Edward (Ted), and of course,Maria Owings Shriver.
    I'm on the opposite end.
    Yes, the 45-70 I do shoot.My Winchester is a 44 mag,lever action.
    I just had to have one. About 7/8 years ago,I bought it.Nothing but pleasure.About those 320Gr JDJ's....
    Primarily use handguns.454 F.A.Casull,and 44 mags.Will bring home next week, an Uberti 45 Colt.I do reloading.
    Done some experimentation on the 320gr JDJ,44 mag.Some, were "don't think about it".
    Was in Tombstone last year.My G/F
    liked it ! Was my 2nd visit in about 47-48 years.
    I took along nearly all my guns.Was told by Cherokee Jack, to
    "load up",if we were going on the backtrails. Smugglers of people and drugs.Yeah, ranchrescue.com, keeps me informed.Watch for more, and even more serious incidents along the border.I know, we're OT about Julian ! Oh well. I haven't gone to any high school reunions.They're held around Escondido.I went to Orange Glen High.
    Held in June. Can't go:getting the cannery (canneries) to run in July.
    You might check out my post in "Dangerous Ghost towns". Not paranoid,but,Murphy's law is in effect 24-7-365.Never know what can happen.
    So, thanks again.Do a PM or what ever you like.
    You sound like a friend that I'd rather have around ! Can't say that about my cousins.....
    See ya !

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    45-70Ranger.................It's sounds like you're a pretty upstanding guy, and I understand you're desire to hightail it out of Mexifornia. I can't speak for all my fellow Arizonans, but I think you'd be welcome in the Grand Canyon State. Being a Winchester collector, I also think I know the meaning of your screen name.Bang! Bang!. Take care,,,,,,,,,,
    I'm not a Winchester collector, but I know what 45-70 refers to.If you can guess what 10x stands for, you know I also welcome him to the great state of Arizona.

Thanks guys.
    I also do goldpanning.
    OK, I'll think harder about Arizona .

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Total Wreck
    10X? Hmmm... I assumed that was a reference to your Stetson. MIne's a 4X.
    TW

Yep, get outa' Kalifruitty, C'mon dwn to AZ where citizens are armed & polite.

It refers the the center bullseye of a competiton silloutte I like to put holes into. Just harmless paper punching...

Hiya guys.
    Been over to "True West Magazine" forums. The moderator(s) have a gun forum now.
    So, if ya want, come on over.
    Lots of interesting stuff. Few ghost towns chat. Still, nice place to go to.
    Have one about our Tombstone visit
    last year.

Hey brian10x..........That wasn't you zipping around downtown Benson in that yeller bug of your's last weekend, was it?.............

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    Hey brian10x..........That wasn't you zipping around downtown Benson in that yeller bug of your's last weekend, was it?.............
    Nah, last weekend it was motorcycle weekend. (Too many hobbies)

Thread Information