Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last safe ghost town left in AZ

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejts
    I take it you don't like snakes? Joan, My wife did not belive me when I told her to come over and see a "pink" rattlesnake.
    Blechhh phoooooey I'm not fond of rattlers, particularly when you don't see them until you're about to step on them. Any good rattler who has been properly schooled in rattler etiquette should at least give his tail a shake or two to let you know where they are. They do have their place however and I certainly wouldn't kill one unless it was necessary...matter of fact, we've saved quite a few of them in our travels by blocking the road until they were safely across because unfortunately, there are yahoos out here who will go out of their way to run over any snake that's in their path. We've seen a couple of "pinkish" ones, much smaller than the fat one coiled up in your picture.
    I guess it's all about living in Arizona, everything in the desert either stings, bites or sticks, if it weren't that way......it would be Nu Yawk.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA
    everything in the desert either stings, bites or sticks, if it weren't that way......it would be Nu Yawk.
    Nah, they bite and stick there too. Sometimes they shoot as well. I'd rather take my chances with nature and her children anyday than humans.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    Nah, they bite and stick there too. Sometimes they shoot as well. I'd rather take my chances with nature and her children anyday than humans.
    And they don't rattle
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejts
    And they don't rattle
    As a fawmer-Bronx-born-Nu Yawk-yankee-transplant, I can attest to the fact I do give fair warning before I strike.

(actually right now, the crime rate in Phoenix with two serial killers on the loose is worse than NYC)

Rocky................Your photos were even better than I expected. I especially liked the Nevadaville, Co. and Vulture City shots. I'm truly envious that you can make a long trip like that while I'm working my butt off this summer. Maybe next year I'll just go ahead and do it. That's the first time I've heard of anybody seeing a pink rattlesnake other than in the Grand Canyon. Pretty exciting find,eh. Thanks again for posting the photos. Take care......................

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    Rocky................Your photos were even better than I expected. I especially liked the Nevadaville, Co. and Vulture City shots. I'm truly envious that you can make a long trip like that while I'm working my butt off this summer. Maybe next year I'll just go ahead and do it. That's the first time I've heard of anybody seeing a pink rattlesnake other than in the Grand Canyon. Pretty exciting find,eh. Thanks again for posting the photos. Take care......................
    You are the one that educated me on Pink Rattlesnakes. I have seen a caught others, Non Pink, but never saw a pink one before. This guy was so lazy (hot) I probably could have reached down and picked him up with my bare hands. My wife and my mom were defintely not in favor of that idea when i suggested it.

By the way. I work about 50 hours a week. You just got to plan it. Next site update I will include some gold pictures. here is a sample.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rocky

Rocky....Can you give me the GPS coordinates for that spot where you found that little piece of "shine". I'll make time to scoot right on out there..........Wow!

Wow Rocky, So THAT's what gold looks like. I would never have know what it was. Guess I'd better educate myself on what it looks like before it's made into jewelry.
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    Rocky....Can you give me the GPS coordinates for that spot where you found that little piece of "shine". I'll make time to scoot right on out there..........Wow!
    Ganes Creek Alaska is as close as I will get to sharing. By the way that is the small one..

Rocky

Rocky...........Is that Ganes Creek or Gaines Creek?......I;m packing up as we speak.....

Thread Information