Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator

Default Moderator

So today I got a reply from the moderator via PM. A Mr eric mayers. He says that he is sorry but this is not stie:

He. Not my site, but you should PM ghosttowns.com and ask him. I'm sure he would appreciate the help.

Eric

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolguy0621
    Hello Eric,
    My name is Andy, and I've been on the site's forums for a couple months now. I really enjoy the service you are providing to all of us here, thank you. I was wondering how and when you guys edit the site's forums? It seems like this site has a lot of people who are not interested in sharing lagit info., but more to mess around and ruin others time. I thought is would be nice to be kept abreast of what is going on with your site by the people whom use it for its intended purpouse. A good number of your regular users to include myself, would really like a moderator to intervien and regulate the useage here a little. I'm not sure how this site works behind the curtans, but it would be good to know that someone is behind the wheel. Hey thanks again man for your time and service, I look foward to hearing from you soon, all of us do, just read around a little on the fourms you'll see. Have a good one. coolguy0621

I also noticed that my last thread addressed to the moderator is gone, and on my wtf post, someone edited it a little while ago.

So someone is out there, I just wonder what is really going on, and I'm sure everyone else does too.

PS I did PM the ghosttowns. So well see on that one!!!
    Last edited by coolguy0621; 05-18-2006 at 01:01 PM.
    Andy

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I've noticed who ever "ghosttowns.com" is has been visiting very frequently as of late.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Thumbs up Junk on the bulletin board

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy0621
    So today I got a reply from the moderator via PM. A Mr eric mayers. He says that he is sorry but this is not stie:

He. Not my site, but you should PM ghosttowns.com and ask him. I'm sure he would appreciate the help.

Eric

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolguy0621
    Hello Eric,
    My name is Andy, and I've been on the site's forums for a couple months now. I really enjoy the service you are providing to all of us here, thank you. I was wondering how and when you guys edit the site's forums? It seems like this site has a lot of people who are not interested in sharing lagit info., but more to mess around and ruin others time. I thought is would be nice to be kept abreast of what is going on with your site by the people whom use it for its intended purpouse. A good number of your regular users to include myself, would really like a moderator to intervien and regulate the useage here a little. I'm not sure how this site works behind the curtans, but it would be good to know that someone is behind the wheel. Hey thanks again man for your time and service, I look foward to hearing from you soon, all of us do, just read around a little on the fourms you'll see. Have a good one. coolguy0621

I also noticed that my last thread addressed to the moderator is gone, and on my wtf post, someone edited it a little while ago.

So someone is out there, I just wonder what is really going on, and I'm sure everyone else does too.

PS I did PM the ghosttowns. So well see on that one!!!
    Johnnie, and I agree there is to many claim Jumpers, to many kids, that are not being supervised. We guess the parents of some not all, might think that there is nothing wrong with a web-site about ghost towns so they give the "OK" for this fourm. But as we all know there is web- sites that are evil, and unproductive to anyone, and should be monitored and ignored. We are glad that we did not have this to contend with all this weired junk 30 years ago. when our kids were young. We know it is not easy, to keep up with the kids in todays world. there is a lot of parents that mean well but seem to be busy trying to survive in this modern day of laptop commputers, and cell phones, and trying to keep up with their kids. But todays kids are very smart in some ways but not very "street wise" and this is what gets them into trouble by that time its to late. Anyway it can be done its just harder today. We would love to see the simple life of years ago to return. We know that won't happen just wishfull thinking.

Sheila & Johnnie
    Last edited by Johnnie; 05-19-2006 at 06:52 AM.

Hello again all,

I got a PM back from ghosttowns.com and he said that their last moderator is not around any more, and asked me if I was volenteering. Even know my spelling sucks, I asked if they would send me some more info. and that I would like to clean this stuff up within reason. So well see about that. I don't have all that much time and I don't know half of the stuff about ghosttowns as many of the people here, but I would be willing to help clean the junk out with the coulpe hours I spend online a day.

Sheila & Johnnie I could not agree with you more. My son is 1 and 1/2 years. I see that with the way things are going in the world it will be a challenge to provide a good enviornment for proper growth for him. But I will do my best to not let him become part of another nintendo generation.
    Last edited by coolguy0621; 05-19-2006 at 12:39 PM.
    Andy

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Okay, maybe the 3rd time is the charm.....

I would be up for it too, seems the more the merrier. Plus we could do some site clean up, like moving the Gravity Hill topics that come up every month

Really though, I think they just come her because of Brian10X's magnetic personality

Hey it worked that time!

Anyone else getting wierd error excuses when trying to post or view stuff?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hey GarB
    I see yer trying to pad yer post count...like I was 'bout a week ago 'er so.
    Actually I'm gittin' the same messages, 'specially if message is takin' too long to draft. Think that's a hint?
    bb.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Thumbs up "Moderator"

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy0621
    Hello again all,

I got a PM back from ghosttowns.com and he said that their last moderator is not around any more, and asked me if I was volenteering. Even know my spelling sucks, I asked if they would send me some more info. and that I would like to clean this stuff up within reason. So well see about that. I don't have all that much time and I don't know half of the stuff about ghosttowns as many of the people here, but I would be willing to help clean the junk out with the coulpe hours I spend online a day.

Sheila & Johnnie I could not agree with you more. My son is 1 and 1/2 years. I see that with the way things are going in the world it will be a challenge to provide a good enviornment for proper growth for him. But I will do my best to not let him become part of another nintendo generation.
    We think that everyone, most likely has the same view as us Coolguy0621 and having moderator is a must. Thanks for your input.

Johnnie Sheila

I hate being critical to someone who has given us so much, but sometimes you have to. I know Todd is a busy person, but more needs to be done on this forum in regards to its content and moderation. The two moderators both flaked on the job and are no longer moderating. In order to run a successful forum, you HAVE to rule with an Iron Fist! My suggestions:

1. Delete ALL spammers accounts! By allowing them to stay, the message that spamming is okay is being given all while providing the spammers with hits and income! Just to note how bad the spam problem here is, 12 of the 30 members on the first page of the members list are spammers!

2. Disallow and DELETE all threads dealing with 'gravity hill' and other supernatural stuff! This site has NOTHING to do with that topic, and by allowing it to continue, the forum is going downhill fast! If folks want to chat about the supernatural and 'gravity hill', there are hundreds if not thousands of other websites to do that on! Again, this site has NOTHING to do with ghost and the supernatural, so why allow it? **** the supernatural folks were given their own forum and they still cannot keep their topics in it!

3. Appoint new moderators who will rule with Iron Fist and keep order and not flake! They need to be able to spot and kill spam and not related threads ASAP in order to keep order.

That is my $0.02 on the topic...

~Dezdan

Dezdan...........I couldn't agree with you more. I think the Gravity Hill clowns irritate me more than the spammers, but neither should be allowed to contaminate a website like they do. I enjoy the conversations with most of the ghost town hunters/explorers/adventurers/ old west historians, etc. on this site and get really POed with the lack of moderation. As you said, there are many other sites that deal with the supernatural and paranormal, and don't understand why these people come to this website, other than the name, GHOSTTOWNS.com...I too, don't have the time it takes to moderate, but will support whoever decides to take the task on. ..........

Thread Information