Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moderator

I didn't flake, either, I hung on as long as I could, but didn't feel like I had a big support system, and it was too much to handle by myself. I officially sent in my resignation as moderator months ago, once I realized that. I figured that it would be announced by ghosttowns.com, and a cry for new moderator to take my place would be made, but looks like that never happened.

I also feel some real ground rules need to be set on paranormal topics so whoever does moderate will have a clearer picture on how to handle things.
    Last edited by Cecile; 05-21-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Majority rules of course, but I still think the site can be moderated successfully without an iron fist.
    OK, I admit I like to rib the "spooky seekers a bit, 'cos I feel they need some levity, so they don't freak out, and have a heart attack, whilst whisperin' to each other "what's that over there?"
    On the "other" hand, the "other" category can be eliminated since there would no longer be a need fer it.
    bb.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Well, the "other" category could just be about random BS like it is mostly. Kind of like a chit chat section.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob
    Majority rules of course, but I still think the site can be moderated successfully without an iron fist.
    OK, I admit I like to rib the "spooky seekers a bit, 'cos I feel they need some levity, so they don't freak out, and have a heart attack, whilst whisperin' to each other "what's that over there?"
    On the "other" hand, the "other" category can be eliminated since there would no longer be a need fer it.
    bb.
    We can use the "other" category for pictures of nekkid women. As one of the young ghosties said "It was chill" whatever the **** that means.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Thumbs up Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie
    Very well put Dezdan, and thanks Goat, for the comment on our stories, Makes feel we good to hear from all you fellow ghosttowners.

Sheila & Johnnie
    We all agree that we need a moderator, But who is up to the task. We all know there is more that meets the eye. Sheila and I would love too and were ask 2 years ago to pitch in but had to decline then, and our health problems have doubled since then. My wife has had to trips to emg. just in the last 12 months. It seems everytime we plan a trip or something We have to cancel our plans, and is just imposible to get away for even a day because of doctors appointments, and other health problem along with other family members health problems.

Sheila very seldon gets on the computer any more and I can't seem to stay on the (www) as long as i did in the past , Thats why i have not posted any of my treasures stories lately. Most of the time when junk is posted I e-mail ghosttowns on the (comments section) and hope for the best or we refer the "Gravity Hill" posters about other web-sites that would be more interesting to their needs, and do everything to suggest for them to follow my leed, but some keep coming back and bring more of their friends back to this web-site because the word "ghost" is part of the web-site so maybe it should be changed to old "Mining Towns Of The West." We are not very commputer savy, so maybe that is to much to ask. It is just a suggestion.

We just can't comimit to that job as a full time moderator. We can't even keep up with our own everyday problems but would agree to do (somthing) to help on (when I can basic)

I remember an old saying that my mother, who was born in 1898 and grew up in an old mining town always told me to be on the watch for through life, and is so true right up to nowdays. Some people "You Give Them A "Inch And They Take A Mile" If we let people onto the site with what we think is in good faith, and they see a opportunity to run away with napsack full weired junk and with no one to say no, that is not permited before long we are overun with the same kind.

We suggest to make strict rules. But if they don't follow the rules their post will be deleted at once.

We know we got carried away, but just had to do some venting.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 05-23-2006 at 06:40 AM.

No problem, Dezdan. I did not take offense to your post. When the "Ghost" posts began to show up a year or so ago, Todd figured it would good to set up a "catch-all" forum (the "Other" forum) to move those types of posts into. I'm sure he did not anticipate the number or types of posts at that time. I don't think any of us could have foreseen them.

With a forum as busy as this, there is not an easy fix to the issues at hand, but it is possible with dedication and lots of help.

Eric A. Mayer
    "The Desert is my Church and Hunting is my God" - EAM

Well I still think the "other" section is a fine place to put post subjects that are not about the given fields. BUT after hearing what everyone here has posted here, I have to agree that IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GHOSTTOWNS, execpt the fact that "ghost" is in there, which will attract the Half Lifers forever. And with the support it sounds like we have here on this post alone, dealing with that will be easy. Of course I'm not the expert. So it might sound easy to me, when in fact its some real work. People have illstrated that already here on this post too.

I think the step from here would be to hear from the man him self, to see if we are just pushing keys for the fun of it, or if something is going to happen here.

PS. No word from the Old Judge??????????????
    Last edited by coolguy0621; 05-23-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    Andy

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm right here in this briar-patch. OJ

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by old judge
    I'm right here in this briar-patch. OJ
    Whatcha doin in there? Them berries ain't due till Fall

OJ......Did they ever fix those bumpy roads around your place?...........

Thread Information