Thread: "Medical Note"

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Lightbulb "Medical Note"

A friend of ours that is an (EMT) just related a story to us that we have never heard before and we just had to pass this story on to you fellow ghosttowners.

On a recent post there was a mention of what to bring on your overnight camping trips and we have to agree with everything that was noted. we have to go on these outings prepared.

But what we are going to tell you is very startleing but true.

They recieved a call that a child was having difficulty breathing at a campground, The parents related to the medical team that they gave their son mouth to mouth resusciation till the E M T arrived soon their son was sitting up and seem to be getting better and getting more relax and so they gave the boy a pan of heated up water and was told to inhale the warm steam, from then on he started to improve more and more so they check him for any other problems and ask the parents what happened? and they said he became ill "This is the Kicker" after he ate some pancakes and did say that the boy said the pancakes tasted funny but went ahead and ate anyway, our friend told the parents always check the date before intaking any food. After checking the date on the box sure enough the box of pancake mix us out of date.

Our friend told the parents, pancakes mix that is outdated apparently invites a mold to form and can make the contents very toxic to anyone that uses it.

Many people buy food when there are out camping from big warehouses-type stores or little store out in some small town where the turnover is very little. So please check the dates on any food products. even at home. Just think if this happened out in some remote area where their was no one the come to their aid. add this to the list of must do before your next campouts.

Your fellow ghosttowners
    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 05-31-2006 at 06:39 AM.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Johnnie: Just one more good reason to eat only food you kill yourself. And without undue delay. OJ

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

You mean that green skim on my turkey sandwich isn't supposed to be there? I thought it was just glazing

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hey Gar...
    The glaze on mine is more of a yellowish/clear with tiny nimatodes. I think that's the way real glaze is spose to look.
    bb.

Sort of reminds me of the time I was at MacDonalds with my youngest son and he said there is something funny in my cheesburger, I was slightly P*** off at the time and said give me the D**** thing.

When I opened it I found part of a meat saw blade.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Thread Information