Thread: Arizona Mine Maps

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Arizona Mine Maps

We're fortunate enough to live in the Arizona boondocks and to be able to travel the backroads looking for old mines and mining towns. (we're retired ) We found one of the best resources for locating mines is:
    Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources. Their website is www.admmr.state.az.us
    You can order maps for a nominal fee of individual counties, showing both active and abandoned mines, they come with a map key booklet which tells you the name of the mine and what was mined there. We've found some pretty neat places this way. The Tonto Nat'l Forest Service is planning on closing off some of the abandoned mine shafts for public safety (superfund money has already been alloted for this purpose and to improve some of the roads leading to these places) but they will leave as many structures as possible standing. We're trying to visit them before any changes are made.
    Happy Hunting!

Laura A. ................Where abouts do you guys live in the Az.Boondocks?????............

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron
    Laura A. ................Where abouts do you guys live in the Az.Boondocks?????............
    We're in Roosevelt, near Roosevelt Lake

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Smile Just Clearing The Road

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    We're fortunate enough to live in the Arizona boondocks and to be able to travel the backroads looking for old mines and mining towns. (we're retired ) We found one of the best resources for locating mines is:
    Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resources. Their website is www.admmr.state.az.us
    You can order maps for a nominal fee of individual counties, showing both active and abandoned mines, they come with a map key booklet which tells you the name of the mine and what was mined there. We've found some pretty neat places this way. The Tonto Nat'l Forest Service is planning on closing off some of the abandoned mine shafts for public safety (superfund money has already been alloted for this purpose and to improve some of the roads leading to these places) but they will leave as many structures as possible standing. We're trying to visit them before any changes are made.
    Happy Hunting!
    Out early today and just Clearing the road for some exploring. Yesterday, we didn' check in as usual, and just took the day off.

J & S

Thread Information