Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just want to share a chuckle with you all

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Talking contraptions

Yeah, if I didn't have a wife and one son left at home, and a good-lookin' secretary at work, all to help me operate all this crap, I'd still be a couch potato ghost towner, or, worse yet, just a computer illiterate, out-a-touch, broken down old honest lawyer. OJ

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

TW
    I saw Ted on tv about 4 yrs ago using old bowling pins fer target practice. He'll shoot at anything subhuman.

And OJ,
    I doubt if you're comp illiterate, out of touch, and broke down, but...hmmmm
    Ain't honest and lawyer a contradiction in terms? Not saying you are personally dishonest, jes' cat curio.
    bb.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Razr...something used to shave with?? wi-fi...like hi-fi?? Palm Pilot?? ...naw, I won't even go there.
    I don't even have a cell phone. This computer is as technical as I get, but I do have to admit, I love this online stuff, it literally changed my whole life (but that's a whole nuther story) I guess there's no arguing that technology can sure be a positive thing....positive, but so confusing.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy0621

Wi-Fi doesn't have the best range, I don't think right?
    For now yes, it has it's limits. Big flat terrain it can go quite a ways from what I have heard. Think of it like a cell phone, the more cell poles you got around the better the speed and availability. But they are working on it and newer stuff everyday. We did work for a company setting up a system similar to wi-fi, the speed was only limited to the system using it. I have a 5mb cable connection, fast enough for me right now

I've had a cell for awhile now, could live with out it, but it's come in handy numerous times, plus I can access an online weather program with it if I have a signal. Good for figuring out just how nasty those thunder heads on the horizon really are.

Just got a GPS, mainly since I can't plot a map to save my butt. And I was tired of finding/being told of cool things and knowing how to mark them down for later. It has come in handy for hunting as well, though I use it primarily for 4X runs and GT hunting. Also very good for updating the very outdated maps around.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Forgot, you can buy a camera now that has GPS built in, so you can figure out exactly where that pic was taken. Sounds like folks are starting to use it as a new sort of geo-caching hobby.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob
    TW
    I saw Ted on tv about 4 yrs ago using old bowling pins fer target practice. He'll shoot at anything subhuman.

And OJ,
    I doubt if you're comp illiterate, out of touch, and broke down, but...hmmmm
    Ain't honest and lawyer a contradiction in terms? Not saying you are personally dishonest, jes' cat curio.
    bb.
    Actually, pin shooting is an actual sport. Its harder than it looks, clearing bowling pins off a card table. Not just down, all the way off.

FWIW, the sport started when a bullet-resistant vest manufacturer (Second Chance?) was trying to get noticed. If I recall correctly, he shot himself (wearing one of his vests) with a .357 Magnum, managed to get back up, and summoned the energy needed to draw and knock down five bowling pins.

Someone watching the video exclaimed "Shooting bowling pins looks like fun!" and the rest is history.

On an unrelated note: For those who know me: VW sold. Have new Kawi 650 ATV. Saturday is the big day. Win or lose, pictures to follow.

Followed by new avatar.

Oh, I almost forgot my trademark

Hey if it's there why not learn about it and use it??
    Andy

[quote=Total Wreck]Yeh, aint teknoogy great. My GPS is on paper & in my head, cell phone is 1 shot for I'm over here, 2 shots for bring aid, 3 shots for found something worth seeing, 4 shots for bring aid in form of beer. Blackberries are mid day snack. I love all this stuff, easy on batteries too................
    Andy

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Which is cuddley TW the eagles, or the bowling pins?
    Oh well, don't matter...blast away, and leave nothing standing!....is that a motto.... wait...no...that's what Santa Ana said at the Alymo.....can't recall, but I think someone said it...Butch & Sundance? Custer?
    bb.

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob
    Oh well, don't matter...blast away, and leave nothing standing!....is that a motto.... wait...no...that's what Santa Ana said at the Alymo.....can't recall, but I think someone said it...Butch & Sundance? Custer?
    bb.
    Kill them all and let Allah sort them out later.

Thread Information