Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RE: ZZYXZ ghost town bogus

Default RE: ZZYXZ ghost town bogus

Recently, my friend and I went to find a ghost town listed on ghosttowns.com. its name is "ZZYXZ" it was supposted to be located in El Paso county in Colorado near the small town of Ramah.

I have tried to follow the directions only to find out that the names of the streets do not exsist in the area there or/and are bogus.

The Ghost town needs to be removed unless someone can clarify the directions and location.

Darius

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Recently, my friend and I went to find a ghost town listed on ghosttowns.com. its name is "ZZYXZ" it was supposted to be located in El Paso county in Colorado near the small town of Ramah.

I have tried to follow the directions only to find out that the names of the streets do not exsist in the area there or/and are bogus.

The Ghost town needs to be removed unless someone can clarify the directions and location.

Darius
    Is there any chance (however remote) that you may have mis-interpreded the instructions?

Granted, I may not be the shapest knife in the drawer, but its taken me several tries to find my favorite ghost towns in the past. That one you are looking for looks like its worth several tries! I'm seething with jealousy!

Try again, and good luck!

It's taken me quite a few tries to find certain ghost towns too, or maybe there just are not any remnants of it left, I've come across towns like that too.

Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Question

I may have just fallen off a turnip truck, but after a bit of scurryin' about, I smell a rat too. ZZYZX, California, yes. ZZYZX, Colorado, I think not. OJ

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

And Pardon My Spelling. OJ

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

OJ...I corekted yer paper an didn't fine eny spelin' errors...

Darius & Brian1000x
    I just got off the phone with a feller in Ramah, Colorado who runs Korinek Konstruction. He lives 1 mile south of Ramah, and has never heard of Zzyxz, Co., which is supposed to be 2 miles south of Ramah.
    bb.

Default thanks

bad bob,

Thanks for that. I live 1 mile east of Ramah myself. I just moved here and thought it was interesting that there was supposed to be a ghost town that close to me.

What really got me, is that after looking around from this place and several buildings found on arieal Photos. I also noticed that in the history of this supposed place they mined gold and copper.

Being a part time prospector, I realized in my look about that the terrian is not suitable for such mining. In other words Coal yes. mining gold and copper on the plains seems less plausible.

That and the fact there are no streets with names as those out this way, leaves me to the conclusion that this place is a hoax and should be removed from the site ASAP.

With gas prices, as high as they are, people don't need to be wasting thier gas and time coming out here looking for a place that only exists in the hoaxers mind.

Darius

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Yer rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright of course. Now the search can shift to Bob G, where he can be drawn, quartered, and strung up like the varmint he is.

Or if yer liberal, ya can jes let him go. As Independent, I'm fer makin' an example outa him.
    grrrrr.
    bb.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob
    Yer rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright of course. Now the search can shift to Bob G, where he can be drawn, quartered, and strung up like the varmint he is.

Or if yer liberal, ya can jes let him go. As Independent, I'm fer makin' an example outa him.
    grrrrr.
    bb.
    My voter registration card reads independant as well. In cases like this, the conservative in me would tie him to a sauraro (spelling?) in the desert and let the critters eat him, while the liberal in me would feel bad about it. (For a few minutes, at least)

That's a good idea Brian. If he tries to squirm away, the long needles will remind him where he is, before the vultures and other denizens feast on his sun-leathered remains.
    bb.

Thread Information