Thread: Haunted Kansas (moved)

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Haunted Kansas (moved)

Laura, thanks again for your concern. I sure appreciate ya.

Been tryin' to cut back posting some. A long-time member posted msg on another thread saying there were too many non-gt related posts, and was sure many other members agreed.
    While it is amusing to heckle the spammers and the "spooky seekers", it bothers me somewhat, that other members may not be using the forum board because
    the non-related posts are out of control. Hence the need for a monitor.
    I can't absolutely guarantee it, because some poster's msgs are just too tempting (I know I'm weak), but will try to stop posting "unnecessary" msgs.
    Since I'm here alone, the main problem is finding a way to tie my arms down so's I won't be able to get to the keyboard.
    bb.
    Last edited by bad bob; 07-18-2006 at 09:23 AM.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

BB Mi Amigo, I'm glad that you're ok and that the choice to not post was your decision and not one caused by illness or something like that. (Mama worrier here)
    I can agree with you to a point about posts being in the wrong category, but, sometimes it can't be helped...it just sort of happens and then it takes on a life of its own. Your idea to move a post to the proper category is a good one.
    I don't think too many people would argue the fact that most of us are dedicated and very interested in promoting GT exploration and preservation along with researching all the historical aspects involved. Sharing what we know with others is very rewarding and learning from those who have been to places we can only dream about is very exciting.
    When I found this site just a few months and many heckles ago, it's become my home while at home. I look forward with great relish to reading new posts and I'm always disappointed when there aren't any.
    GT information is still the basis of why we're all here, but I still believe it can be tempered with humor and I think your humor along with some of the other "regulars" is some of the funniest I've read. I for one, hope it doesn't stop.
    By the very nature of this type of forum, it invites the teenybopper spook seekers who are either to young, too dumb or simply spaced out....fair game in my opinion.
    Being a "newbie" here as far as time goes, I sure wouldn't want to offend anyone, I'll wait 'til I've been here longer to do that

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Laura, I can almost guarantee you it won't stop. I'll have to be banned like Feilu for that to happen. And I agree with what you just said.

It wasn't so much the threads that start out in the right cat., and then become sidetracked. Those, if they're fairly short, are no big deal. However, If they grow like "Turnb*ll Can*on", that's when they become a nuissance. No, I was referring to the ones like "Kansas" that are originally posted in the wrong cat.

In spite of previous posts, I'm a dedicated gt'er like you and most others here. Your printing of this info hopefully will reach those that would be put off by so many non-related posts, and have stopped using this forum, or use it less often than they would.

Yes it is somewhat rewarding to be able to help someone looking for a place I may have been, or have info on. I believe this is the main reason for this board. But a peaceful co-existance with members that may not want anything other than gt-related posts, may be difficult to achieve, if these members, as some already have, rise up and complain.

Here's some butter fer ya. You have great insight, thoughtful prose, an outstanding plethora of icons, logos, and dingywhips to add character to yer timely msgs. Ya may be a "newbie", but as I mentioned shortly after ye arrived, yer probation has long expired. Understand I'm not advocating tromping on toes just fer the thrill, but.....well, you know the rest.

Now, I've turned back into the vulture hovering far above the treetops, waiting for unsuspecting "vermin" to come inside the "dome of ridicule", spewing their spam, or seeking the supernatural.
    (Besides, I ran out of space).
    bb.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

BB, Thank you for the butter, all the fat without the cholesterol! As for having insight, after all these years on the internet, one thing I've always tried to do is read between the lines whether it's a post on a forum or in a chatroom. It's surprising how much you can pickup just by observing the nuances in someone typing after reading them for a time. If they ever do a thread here titled, "How an old broad learned there's life after fifty" I'll tell you all about it.
    Anyhoo, Vultures have their place and seeing them soar on the air currents is a joy to watch. Those who can't soar are just Sparrows, pecking out an existence in mall parking lots.

Are ya sure it's vultures, or are ya thinkin' of Condors? Similar species but much longer wingspans.

OAS, you call yersef old, but by yer msgs, I'd hafta say not that old; upper-middle aged like me perhaps. (PS: tell Ralph I'm not flirtin')!
    bb.

Vultures & Condors, both soar, choose your own bird. You're a wee bit younger than me (so's Methusela)
    I'll be 60 next month. Ralph's a young 65.

Right behind ya, 59 on Sept.12.

I figured we were "birds of a feather" as they say.
    bb.

uh huh sorta like this......

Name:  oldbuzzard.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  2.3 KB

In keeping with the sub-topic

Name:  music-smiley-026.gif
Views: 432
Size:  7.2 KB

Baby Boomer Blues:

It was fun being a baby boomer ... until now. Some of the artists of the '60s are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers. They include:

1. Herman's Hermits....Mrs Brown You've Got a Lovely Walker.
    2. The Bee Gees--- How Can You Mend a Broken Hip.
    3. Bobby Darin--- Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' a Flash..
    4. Ringo Starr--- I Get By With a Little Help From Depends.
    5. Roberta Flack--- The First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face.
    6. Johnny Nash--- I Can't See Clearly Now.
    7. Paul Simon--- Fifty Ways to Lose Your Liver (one of my favorites).
    8. The Commodores--- Once, Twice, Three Times to the Bathroom.
    9. Marvin Gaye--- Heard It Through the Grape Nuts.
    10. Procol Harem--- A Whiter Shade of Hair.
    11. Leo Sayer--- You Make Me Feel Like Napping.
    12. The Temptations--- Papa's Got a Kidney Stone.
    13. Abba--- Denture Queen.
    14. Tony Orlando--- Knock 3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall.
    15. Helen Reddy--- I Am Woman, Hear Me Snore.
    16. Willie Nelson--- On the Commode Again
    17. Leslie Gore--- It's My Procedure and I'll Cry If I Want To

Thread Information