Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are all the good sites in So. AZ off limits?

Running out of water? Right! If the Valley of the Sun is short of water, then why did they approve 32,000 more building permits and 16 more golf course permits? I love to wash my truck, Jeep, quad, and boat in my driveway, just waiting for one of these dumb***es to tell me I should conserve water because we're in a drought. It appears SRP has enough water to build x number of homes and golf courses, and you want me to conserve water so they can move more people into the area. I don't think so! At least we're 45 miles from Phoenix and not stuck in the middle of that mess. Just like Vegas, this is the DESERT, and there will always be wet and dry cycles. If water is so scarce, then stop building homes! OK, I'll calm down now.............

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Total Wreck
    It's after 4 somewhere, beer me...
    TW
    Here ya go TWName:  food-smiley-004.gif
Views: 426
Size:  2.2 KB

As annoying as it is for us, I can't help but think about my grandkids. They or surely their kids will probably never have the thrill of exploration of these great historical sites that we're able to enjoy, granted, in dwindling numbers, but still there for us. All they'll be able to see are photos, some museum displays and some misinformation in their history books.
    Right now Phoenix is slurping water from Roosevelt Lake in alarming quantities and the utility companies are crying the blues about summer useage, yet, just drive through Phoenix and surrounding burbs and take a look at the new homes, golf courses, shopping centers and the like. It's enough to make a person want to drop out of society and move to the boondocks...oh yea...I HAVE.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Total Wreck
    LaurA, yer not a trailblaizer, I was born & raised here before your little sub-division existed. I've seen the change happen. Don't lecture me on livin' in the sticks, I did i, It, I'm glad I was raised that way.

You dropped out of society eh'? I was raised outside of society. Don't bust my chops, I I know my roots.

You moved here from somewhere else, don't make a big cllaim that you belong here here.

Well, my goodness, I'm sorry to see that your cornflakes were soggy this morning and you feel your porkchops were being broken. Aren't you the lucky one to be raised "outside of society"? Perhaps that's why you thought that this Bronx-born, New York native was directing barbs at you. Once you live in society, usually a person learns to tell the difference between a comment in general and a zinger directed at you. Had I directed a chop-busting barb your way, believe me, you'd know you were hit.
    As far as you being here "long before my little subdivision existed", I didn't realize you were quite that old, my "little subdivision" was developed when the Roosevelt Dam plans were being made, (I hope you got Teddy Roosevelt's autograph when you had the chance)
    Also, I didn't know you are either a Native American or an early settler to Arizona and that your original roots are growing so deep in Arizona's sandy soil. Most people move from one location to another and can claim each place as their home. (thank goodness, cause we sure wouldn't have this fabulous Nation if they hadn't) Roosevelt, Arizona is my home and as a latter-day societal dropout, I say, I belong here, I Belong Here, I BELONG HERE.
    In my advancing years one valuable lesson life has taught me is "don't let the dorks wear you down," So now I'll go on my merry way and see if there's any trailblazing left in this wonderful place for a former New Yorker to machete her way through.

An afterthought here, perhaps I was wrong in hoping the dust would settle, evidentially, it hasn't, it might not and perhaps you shouldn't have inhaled as much of it as it sounds like you did. (kerosene and sugar might be a good cure for that cough) but then again, it might be too late, I guess native dust can be toxic when inhaled. Too bad.

Last edited by LauraA; 08-08-2006 at 05:42 AM. Reason: adding a cure for "dust inhalation"

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x
    Bump. Is that how its done?
    Uh huh, it's a step in the right direction

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Wait, did I miss something? I really need to TiVo this stuff for slo-mo replay......

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB
    Wait, did I miss something? I really need to TiVo this stuff for slo-mo replay......
    Then you want the NeTvO 3411b. Best Buy has them on sale for $8,000. No slo-mo, but instant replay instead.
    b.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Whooops!
    Jes bumped into something...what was that evil.
    Oh I C, another freakin' spammer.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

yup........ OJ

Default Trespassing?

As far as I can work it out, the definition of a Ghost Town is one that has been abandonded, or in other words private property in which a person has forfeited any claim of ownership.

Therefore I don't see how it is possible to "trespass" or what authority anyone could have for posting "no trespassing" signs, unless the area has been declared a State Park or similar.

In any case, if somebody is trying to keep you out, doesn't that make you wonder what the heck they are up to?

Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post
    As far as I can work it out, the definition of a Ghost Town is one that has been abandonded, or in other words private property in which a person has forfeited any claim of ownership.

Therefore I don't see how it is possible to "trespass" or what authority anyone could have for posting "no trespassing" signs, unless the area has been declared a State Park or similar.

In any case, if somebody is trying to keep you out, doesn't that make you wonder what the heck they are up to?
    Did anyone understand what this msg says? If you do, I nominate you for Supreme Exhaulted Grand Llama of Ghost Town Forums.

bb.

Thread Information