Thread: Old Glory mine, Arizona

Default Old Glory mine, Arizona

I went looking for the Old Glory mine, near Ruby, Arizona today.

I used coordinates provided by the Ghosttown Of the Month web site http://www.azghosttowns.com/towns/oldglory.html

and did not find FSR 4191 or a trail that led in that direction when the GPS pointed me in that way.

Back home I finally located a Topo map that showed "Old Glory" but in the opposite direction on the trail.

I have several questions:

Has anyone here been to the mine? Is it worth the horribly rutted kidney-bashing trail?

If so, any tips to help me find it?

I was going to purchase a topo map from the map store on Monday, but is there any on-line resource that shows FSR (Forest service road?) trails?

Thanks in advance

Brent Stovall
    Its not a crime to be old and forgetful. I shouldn't be a crime to shoot those that take pleasure in pointing it out.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Looks to me like you can find the locale on GNIS and/or at www.topozone.com. Maps appear pretty clear to me, if accurate. Hope this helps. You can search by both name and coordinates. Looks like a heck of an interesting area. Lots of cemeteries and grave sites. Looks like pretty good network of jeep trails and footpaths.......OJ
    Last edited by old judge; 09-17-2006 at 06:54 PM.

Default Old Glory mine response

Take Ruby Road SE out of Arivaca, and go past the Warsaw Canyon (FS217) turnoff, and continue of Ruby Road (FS 39) to the California Gulch turnoff (FS 217 - it makes a loop). Go right on FS217-California Gulch to the intersection with FS 4161 and 4162. FS 4161 to the right will take you to the Blue Wing Mine Road and FS 4162 will take you to Old Glory.

Good luck, I visited the Old Glory mine two weeks ago, four wheel drive, ATV, or shoe leather required.

Mike
    MEman31247@msn.com

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Meman31247 View Post
    Take Ruby Road SE out of Arivaca, and go past the Warsaw Canyon (FS217) turnoff, and continue of Ruby Road (FS 39) to the California Gulch turnoff (FS 217 - it makes a loop). Go right on FS217-California Gulch to the intersection with FS 4161 and 4162. FS 4161 to the right will take you to the Blue Wing Mine Road and FS 4162 will take you to Old Glory.

Good luck, I visited the Old Glory mine two weeks ago, four wheel drive, ATV, or shoe leather required.

Mike
    MEman31247@msn.com
    Thanks, Mike.
    I found it. Tucson Tumbleweed is my alter ego.
    http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthr...ighlight=glory

Thread Information