Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian 10x saved from life of sin PT1

Good to see you back Brian! You were the first person I thought about when I read this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Rokon . I thought they quit making them 30 years ago.

How's the search for the Black Diamond going, anyway?

Goat

Hey Brian,

Nice to have you back. I'll drink one slurpee for you. looks like you need to try and get that beat up VW back on E-bay and dump the Sami!!!

By the way, don't feel too ashamed about the "will work for Topo Maps" ordeal, I have sunk as far as licking empty slurpee cups from the trash can out in front of the local 7-11.
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations
    www.ghosttownexplorer.com

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Good to see you back Brian! You were the first person I thought about when I read this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Rokon . I thought they quit making them 30 years ago.

How's the search for the Black Diamond going, anyway?

Goat
    After that Zuki eating trail with Laura and Ralph, I feel pretty confident in taking another stab at the "backdoor to certain death" to BD. First, I need to install a limited slip unit in the rear, this weekend.

Thank you, good to be back.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by High Desert Drifter View Post
    Hey Brian,

Nice to have you back. I'll drink one slurpee for you. looks like you need to try and get that beat up VW back on E-bay and dump the Sami!!!

By the way, don't feel too ashamed about the "will work for Topo Maps" ordeal, I have sunk as far as licking empty slurpee cups from the trash can out in front of the local 7-11.
    Thank you, its great to be back. I've been working all day on little Sammi, and by this weekend,it should be ready for almost anything.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    After that Zuki eating trail with Laura and Ralph, I feel pretty confident in taking another stab at the "backdoor to certain death" to BD. First, I need to install a limited slip unit in the rear, this weekend.

Thank you, good to be back.
    That trail will chomp the best of vehicles...put it this way, we're really glad we put our new gas tank skid plate on when we did, we've got some new scars underneath the Jeep that weren't there before. Now if we can just find a Jeep parachute to help us in case there's a problem on some of those high tippy places.

OK, now I'm getting a little anxious to get out on the trail. Since the last time I had the Scout out 'for real' I added front and rear lockers and 33's instead of 31's. Got the wheel bearings in but I still need to get some loose ends tied.
    I am happy you folks say its too hot. If'in you are sweatin in a modern truck multiply it times ten in my old junk; no carpet or any insulation of any type.
    Question: Why do fellows lacking in the hair department not wear hats?? I got a full head of hair and I wear a hat outside all the time, **** AZ sun will sun burn your scalp through the roof of a truck. If 'in you folks don't own any hats I can show you how to whip up some real nice ones out of tin foil. I wear mine........ well I better not say when I wear them here on the board, they may be watching!!!.
    Nice work hunting down the BD mine so far. I really want to see what you find over the hill!

Jay

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Jay, and if the heat doesn't get you the rattlers will. When we were all there at the cabin, we heard a rattle warning, but we didn't locate the source. The best time is winter when they're hibernating and sluggish.
    I'm going to show my husband your post about wearing a hat, nagging does no good. (between he and Brian, the reflection was enough to blind a person that day)

Quote Originally Posted by Pnx Jay View Post
    OK, now I'm getting a little anxious to get out on the trail. Since the last time I had the Scout out 'for real' I added front and rear lockers and 33's instead of 31's. Got the wheel bearings in but I still need to get some loose ends tied.
    I am happy you folks say its too hot. If'in you are sweatin in a modern truck multiply it times ten in my old junk; no carpet or any insulation of any type.
    Question: Why do fellows lacking in the hair department not wear hats?? I got a full head of hair and I wear a hat outside all the time, **** AZ sun will sun burn your scalp through the roof of a truck. If 'in you folks don't own any hats I can show you how to whip up some real nice ones out of tin foil. I wear mine........ well I better not say when I wear them here on the board, they may be watching!!!.
    Nice work hunting down the BD mine so far. I really want to see what you find over the hill!

Jay
    Jay,
    Since I started shaving (whats left of) my head (or hair, actually) I don't like the feeling of anything on my head. I wear a hat sometimes in the desert, but mosty I just rub suntan lotion (female volunteers apply here) on the ole' noggin'.

I feel your pain. Driving the Zuke is like being inside a tin can as some kid plays kick the can with it. Beats the heck out of falling off an ATV, though.

[ we heard a rattle warning, but we didn't locate the source.

Its easier to carry a pistol, but with all the snakes, I may start bringing the old 12ga. next trip.
    Yes, its old west authentic. Thats important for us gun nuts.

(between he and Brian, the reflection was enough to blind a person that day) [/quote]

Oooh, bad Laura! bad!

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    Oooh, bad Laura! bad!
    -------------

Moi? Name:  angel-smiley-029.gif
Views: 355
Size:  1.8 KB

Thread Information