Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brian 10x saved from life of sin PT1

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    Laura.............I'm pretty sure it's not "your" Bluebird Mine, but what do you know about the Bluebird Mine just west of Miami/Globe/Claypool ? ........
    There's a very small Turquoise mine named Bluebird in Claypool, it's on private property behind the owners trailer, right next to his big mean Pit Bull.
    Then there's the Bluebird mine near Goldfield on the Apache Trail, there's also another one in Pima County.
    "My" Bluebird is located within the Globe-Miami District,(for Arizona Dept. of Mines classification) although it's located in the Greenback Creek area. It seems that if the mineral mined was blue in color, they freely used the name Bluebird.
    Do you know of another one?

There is a bluebird mine just outside of the globe area on the highway between Globe and Phoenix

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by widleewidleewaa View Post
    There is a bluebird mine just outside of the globe area on the highway between Globe and Phoenix
    I've seen that one too. If I'm not mistaken, that's part of the Phelps Dodge mining operation and is one of the leachfields from one of their copper mines.
    This pdf file mentions it under "scenic attractions"
    http://www.azcommerce.com/doclib/COMMUNE/globe-miami.pdf

Our forest ranger buddy found this. This is the cabin pictured on page one of this thread. Even though it's be "remodeled" a few times since 1890, it's neat to be able to put faces with our explorations...especially faces of the original miners at The Blue Bird Mine.

Name:  BlueBird Cabin.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  53.6 KB
    photo credit:
    Sharlot Hall Museum Archives

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Wink

I have put my Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass to both pics, and, even given a bunch of remodeling, I don't think it's the same cabin. I will stake my reputation for forensic excellence on my opinion. OJ

*Same hillside, doors and windows moved. It's got aluminum some siding on it now.
    Check out the link.

*Disclaimer:
    Given OJ's Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass, I am basing my opinion on that of the Forest Service and Sharlot Hall's Archives. I do have to agree with OJ, the cabin doesn't look exactly the same, the roof pitch for one thing is off, however this photo is attributed to the Blue Bird and the hillside looks exactly the same. Could it be this "newer" cabin was errected on the same site as the older one?
    Last edited by LauraA; 11-02-2006 at 03:48 PM.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Red face

Yeah... The roof pitch definitely appears off, and the apparent orientation looks wrong.....Could be newer cabin, same site...OJ

Thread Information