Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: La county, CA

Default La county, CA

yes, yes, yes. i realize that these aren't 'ghost towns' by any means, but i'm apparently a dissaffected college student, so i guess i don't care. (rebellious, maybe?) so here i go. (and please don't go on and on about how this isn't where i should be posting this. most people here are just looking for some clear info on lesser knowen things. i've noticed several other threads have had some rude and fairly harsh comments on posting things in the wrong place--and it does get rather annoying.)

i am looking for clear directions to any of these places, and/or whatever else there is to see that's 'eeri', 'haunted', or otherwise infested with paranormal activity in the LA county.
    the following are a few places i've heard of on these forums, but have been unable to find directions to:
    -Green Mist (haunted forest in Chino Hills.)
    -The Ryen House (house where the infamous Chino Hills Massacre went down.)
    -The Clown House, located in Glendora, where the clown's mother lurks and jerks. PS. does anyone know what's with this clown?
    -Thompson Creek Trail (haunted forest in Claremont, where sightings of ghosts of a man on a horse have been seen.)
    -The Elwood Mansion (a mysterious mansion located in Glendora tucked away in the woods.)
    -Smiley Woods (the haunted most abondoned woods around in Redlands California.)
    -The Old Schoolhouse (located in the middle of no where, where nothing good went on.) does this mean something bad happened, or nothing at of interest?
    -Galster Park (this haunted and eerie park is home to some of the most scary ghosts around.)
    -Spadra Cemetary (from the 1800's is located in Pomona and many things happen there.)

PS,
    if it does so happen that you have an issue with my posting threads that aren't specifically about ghost towns, please do direct me to where i can post on the afore mentioned subject.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

CharlotteVale, Since you said "please" so nicely, here's a bit of information. Most of the threads and posts you'll find on this forum relating to haunted spots were written by prepubescent teeny boppers and the information can't be deemed reliable.

The links below, along with the ones Brian10x posted should get you the information you're seeking.

This one is a free to join forum where you can pose your questions, they might know more about that sort of thing than we do.

This one's is pretty general, it's about California haunted spots.

PS don't lose your "rebellious" nature, it'll take you places ... as long as it's tempered with moderation when necessary. Good Luck!

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Angry

Laura and Brian: Good responses..My question is this. Why, with all that's available to them, do these surely computer literate teenagers turn to a bunch of marginally computor literate old fogies with these questions? A quick surf around reveals a wealth of info about those subjects of the query. My inclination is to lay it off on many of todays youths' desire for immediate gratification with little work. OJ

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

OJ, it wasn't THAT long ago (when Hector was a pup and Methusela and I went to the prom) I can remember sitting on my butt and yelling out, "Mommmm please fix me a sandwich" It was so much easier than making it myself, and it always tasted better when she did it for me. Same principle.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Cool

Laura..Maybe we were the transitional generation. But as I look at this site, it's the old timers answering the queries, and youngsters askin' the questions. Now, there are serious inqueries by good faith GTers. And several folks jump to help. But, it seems a number of folks just want an answer. Now....Sorry, but most posters on this site with experience are more than happy to answer good faith questions. They seldom ask until they've made the effort themselves. Mike

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I can't figure out why people continuously say they know this isn't the right place to post these questions, yet they post them anyway

I'm considered a whipper snapper and I'm scared about my generation and the ones behind me coming into power. Hopefully cancer will take me before then, or they decide to legalize drugs so I can separate myself from reality.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Quote Originally Posted by old judge View Post
    Laura..Maybe we were the transitional generation. But as I look at this site, it's the old timers answering the queries, and youngsters askin' the questions. Now, there are serious inqueries by good faith GTers. And several folks jump to help. But, it seems a number of folks just want an answer. Now....Sorry, but most posters on this site with experience are more than happy to answer good faith questions. They seldom ask until they've made the effort themselves. Mike
    You're probably right. Speaking for myself, I love searching the internet, whether it's for my own information or for someone who is asking a question. It's as close as I can get to exploration when the Jeep is parked.
    There's usually that YIPEE!! moment that comes when information finally emerges from the www clutter.
    Maybe the youngsters are a more impatient generation for whatever reason. Instant communication, instant messages, cell phones, everything is NOW for them, whereas we oldsters learned patience and perseverance, I dunno, just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    I can't figure out why people continuously say they know this isn't the right place to post these questions, yet they post them anyway

I'm considered a whipper snapper and I'm scared about my generation and the ones behind me coming into power. Hopefully cancer will take me before then, or they decide to legalize drugs so I can separate myself from reality.
    Gary, I didn't know you're a whippersnapper, you seem mature beyond your years
    Not to hijack this thread, (but I will anyway) did you see my post yet about the Arizona Asbestos Mine? We finally made it to the top, your information was right on the money. Thanks again!

Sometimes peopel don't even know what to look for. I am not trying to make excuses for the lazy or stupid that do post here. But every once in a while a newbie wants help with something that may seem obvious to some of us.
    Not too long ago I was setting up my website and wanted to usesome really neat code to make stuff fly around the page. I had no clue how to do it and even after I read the instructions about twelve times I couldn't get it. I posted on the forum there and an old-timer very kindly walked me through each step. I am SURE that my questions were stupid, I am sure that to him I was a blithering idiot, and I am sure that without his help I wouldn't have cool flying stuff on my site.
    Just a thought.

Thread Information