Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a word a caution

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Exclamation Just a word a caution

I've noticed lately we've got a few newbies, (sounding like teeny boppers) posting some rather cryptic links on various posts. Stuff like "check out my ghost pix, they're really weird"... you know the type. They appear to be from unknown domains and even doing a web search for them, I don't come up with anything. I would avoid clicking on links containing zyx, xrl or anything else that sounds or feels suspicious unless you're reasonably sure the poster is on the up and up. There's a lot of crud to be caught out there on the web. Most virus protection programs catch only a percentage of them at best so in my opinion, it's better to be safe than sorry.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thanks, Laura. It would be a darn shame to lose my temper again and put a .45 caliber hole through this monitor, as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I find entering spammers email addy's into other spammers email blanks to be a fun past time. Kind of like a Calgon bath
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Yeah, I reported one of these jerks a few days ago, through the triangle report this post icon, but I see he's still here.

Goat
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

Which one Goat?
    Andy

Devil9, Andy. I hit the report post icon, and sent in a message. If you click on his link (which I never do, but did), it takes you to some site where you become a "hitman" in his minions. I think that he must have made a lot of these posts on various forums to bump up his power on the game site or something, because he had a huge number of hits on it. He hasn't been back since, and I see he was just a kid in his profile. I was worried about gettin a virus, and checked my system, with no virus or malware found. No harm, no foul, he was just a kid playing a game.

Thanks Andy, I appreciate your work on here, it's gotta be tough, but you do a great job.

Goat
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

Problem solved
    Andy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy0621 View Post
    Problem solved
    Excellent, now how do we petition a slurpee machine for the forum?
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations
    www.ghosttownexplorer.com

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by High Desert Drifter View Post
    Excellent, now how do we petition a slurpee machine for the forum?
    I know ya didn't ask me, but if I might suggest a typical petition to be circulated collecting member's names. After that, you're elected SSM
    (slurpee station master), in charge of all related departments, including formulas, and shipping. Thanks Drifter, the great ideas you fellers come up with are jes plumb dadburned dandies.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Well first we have to do a study to see if it's feasible. Then a study to see if it's profitable (after all, we ain't paying for maintenance), followed by an EPA impact study. Building codes and permit enforcement, business licensing, right of way study, traffic study, soil compaction test and lastly the Sierra Club has to okay it, and PETA will have to make sure we don't harm any animals with it (they're still pissy about that Iguana getting a hold of a Mountain Dew Slurpee incident). So maybe sometime around 2009 we can once again address the issue after we get all the okay's, then we'll do a study on the studies. Then we'll vote on allowing it. Of course it will then have to be passed twice, 2 years apart by majority vote, and then we can see if it's in the budget for the fiscal calender. But only after the state tax assessor has set a fair and reasonable tax rate on it.

Can you tell I have a state job now?
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information