Thread: Taylor Mine, Ely, NV

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Taylor Mine, Ely, NV

Got some shots of Taylor Mine by Ely, NV last weekend while elk hunting. Even accidentally drove into the active mining pit next door on a back road but I didn't get any shots of that. I high tailed it as I didn't want to run the risk of them having bigger guns than me

The other mine was on the side of Taylor to the NW. Can't find any info on it, but it looked like a good place to explore more later.

http://thumb15.webshots.net/t/34/34/5/20/64/2226520640094197955rHGFPm_th.jpg
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Nice shots Gary, hope you're going back there to explore, it does look interesting! What kind of mining operation did you stumble into?

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

The one next to Taylor. It's referred to as the Taylor Operations, or something like that. Saw a camper trailer and a new truck but no people. When we got turned around and in the right spot (old Taylor), they started up some kind of diesel motor that made quite a racket. So I know they were around and they were obviously working. It's quite the set up. Looks to be mostly pit mining.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

For anyone interested: The mining operations next to the original mine site of Taylor has been awarded access to expand their mining operations in the area. From the sound of it, everything that is left of Taylor will be wiped out by further mining operations. Modern mining has already erased what was left of the town site. About the only thing likely to survive will be the cemetery.

I took some more pictures during our clubs July run up there, mostly of the cemetery. Though I haven't been able to upload them yet.

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    For anyone interested: The mining operations next to the original mine site of Taylor has been awarded access to expand their mining operations in the area. From the sound of it, everything that is left of Taylor will be wiped out by further mining operations. Modern mining has already erased what was left of the town site. About the only thing likely to survive will be the cemetery.

I took some more pictures during our clubs July run up there, mostly of the cemetery. Though I haven't been able to upload them yet.

Ughf!

Good thing you got up there when you did! Sprawl sux
    Crazy girl Photographing Ghost Towns! Great Success!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post

Figures another ghosttown would be wiped off the map.

Default Another?

I swear those big mining corporations are a pain in the ***. Dont know how to do it but the GTs should all be put on the historical site list.

Thread Information