Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Towns Posted

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    I guess it depends on what you call the actual site of Chinese Camp. I met Drifter going into the area a few years ago, and had a couple of pretty bad spots to negotiate in the Jeep, but made it quite a ways back in there. Come on Drifter! are a few rattlers going to stop you from maaking the trip?
    Hey Pat,
    I don't mind a few rattlers, but last year I traveled the hill above the Homestead Mine (where you had made it in your Jeep). and I was running over them in bunches! Because they strike at heat, they tend to get a bit confused when a quad rolls over them, but can you imagine getting stuck or worse, having to walk out! No Thanks! I will do battle with one, or even two rattlers, but not in herds!
    Last edited by High Desert Drifter; 07-05-2007 at 06:43 PM.
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations
    www.ghosttownexplorer.com

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by High Desert Drifter View Post
    Hey Pat,
    I don't mind a few rattlers, but last year I traveled the hill above the Homestead Mine (where you had made it in your Jeep). and I was running over them in bunches! Because they strike at heat, they tend to get a bit confused when a quad rolls over them, but can you imagine getting stuck or worse, having to walk out! No Thanks! I will do battle with one, or even two rattlers, but not in herds!
    Arggggh! More rattler stories!

High Desert Drifter - just been exploring your site and I gotta say - Well done! Love your work.
    A question. What is that town you've photographed and put on your sites front page?

that photo is of Bodie California.
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations

Thanks for that. What a great looking place.
    I'm guessing that it rates high on your list of favorites, as it's on your masthead??

Wink

I have to admit that it has been the topic of many beautiful photos and wonderful history... mainly because the state has saved it by making it a park, but my heart is in locating places that would otherwise be lost and telling their stories. Happy Ghost Towning!
    High Desert Drifter
    Ghost Town Explorations

Default New Colorado Passes and Ghost towns posted

Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Well, my wife is not offended, but she's p****d, Mike. "Oh no, not more ghost towns!"
    I think she sees LA/NYC as a fading hope!

"California Pass Colorado
    Can you find the person standing on the peak. He rode up to the summit on his motorcycle. Came across from Telluride. Nice guy. Of course I say that about almost anyone that offers to by me a drink and talk about ghost towns"

You get me to the top of California Pass and I'll buy you all the drinks you want AND talk ghost towns till the sun comes up.
    I could be speaking out of turn, but I doubt there's any concern about you posting these great links - they are all part of keeping the GT spirit alive.

Soory about the link to Hurricane Pass I had a finger check it should be http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com...20Colorado.htm

Rocky

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    I think she sees LA/NYC as a fading hope!
    Why would anyone want to see LA? I mean, if a gun was at your head, maybe.....
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

THANKS to all of you that have visited my web site. I appreciate the visits.
    I had originally planed to update the site with photos from my recent visits to Ghost towns in Alaska and the Yukon. That has to wait. I got an urgent request for some help in gathering information for a great little town in Colorado. Don’t panic there are still plenty of updates.
    A Mineral Group from Lake George is doing a study of the history of the Alma area to help the historical society. They will present their findings at The Socorro NM Mineral Symposium and in Alma. They need your help. Anyone connected with Alma, Park City, Montgomery, Buckskin Joe, and that general area around Alma Colorado is being asked to help by sending via email your stories, your photos, and your experiences from personal history or general knowledge. It would be nice if you copied me so I could add them to my site but it is not necessary. You can also volunteer for an oral history.
    I hope we flood them with information. Let’s help them gather some great historical data. Send them an email.
    forlorrie_h@yahoo.com
    DO IT NOW as time is short. It will be presented in September.
    If you are curious about what type of information, see their good work here http://www.parkcoarchives.org

The bad news is you will have to wait a little while for the next installment of “ Tales From the Past” titled, “How to Scare a Bear” as told to me over a beer in Ouray Colorado.
    The good news is while I was gone I got numerous contributions from great visitors to the site and those comments are included. You will have to scroll to the bottom of the page to read new comments. Just click the links.
    Rocky Mountain Profiles visitors updates and their contributions.
    Fierro - NM- Celebrations Keota- Is it a ghost town? Gassy Colorado – No not really Gilman – Innocent fun ? And a request for information on the Eagle Mine at the Beldon siding on the Rio Grande. The bottom of the canyon from Gillman Grover – WOW - An offer to help you research Roggen – Peanuts in Pepsi? Russell Gulch – The mysterious Laura writes in and so does her son. Teller City – still there
    Again THANKS to all of you that have signed my guest book and left comments. Many of you have direct connections to some of the Ghost Towns on my site. Always nice to hear from people that appreciate their history. I have begun posting some of those comments on the pages. This is a hobby for me so I must admit that seeing so many people getting pleasure from my hobby is very rewarding and quite honestly, pretty humbling.

Last edited by Mikejts; 07-09-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: deleted some information and added more.

Rocky

Thread Information