Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Echo

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Echo

The freakin' echo in here is getting so loud, it wouldn't surprise me if Aliens were able to pick it up on the other side of the Milky Way.
    Now please excuse me while I dash off to the store. Jes' had a chocoholic attact!

Holidays or not, somebody around here, besides me must have something to complain about, gt trip to relate, or (God help us), Gravity Hill they fell off of.

"HELLLLLLOOOOO, iz enybudy out there?"

<Diminishing footsteps, followed by large wooden door slamming shut> JEEEEESH!

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    <Diminishing footsteps, followed by large wooden door slamming shut> JEEEEESH!
    Good Grief Bad Bob...next time knock first.
    Name:  mixed-smiley-002.gif
Views: 308
Size:  1.4 KB

Tell us a story Laura.

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Good Grief Bad Bob...next time knock first.

Name:  mixed-smiley-002.gif
Views: 308
Size:  1.4 KB

Oooooops...my bad
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    Tell us a story Laura.

Well, once upon a time....nah...I'd put you to sleep with the one about the time we found the Dutchman's gold, anyway it's not very original.
    A true story however, we're trying to reach Journigan Mine, an old lead mine not too far from us. We've made a few attempts without even getting close. We finally located the road yesterday that goes to it, but the road became impassable about a mile or so from the mine, so now we'll have to figure a way to get in there. It's very mountainous terrain and I don't relish the idea of having to make the trek on foot, but that may be the only way. One of the maps we have also shows some Indian ruins in the same area, so it would probably be worthwhile making a few more attempts. There are some ATV tracks going back about as far as we were able to go in the Jeep, but even an ATV would have problems negotiating the steep,extremely rocky climbs. We did locate what appears to be a very old dump site and we'll return to do some digging to see what we can uncover.
    I'll keep you posted if we get to the mine. Sometimes this a a frustrating hobby, particularly when we've got our hearts set on finding a location we can't reach.

Thanks for the story Laura,

I sure hope you make it up there and find all kinds of goodies.
    Last edited by Kelly; 12-03-2006 at 06:16 PM.

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Oooooops...my bad
    My bad what?

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Well, once upon a time....nah...I'd put you to sleep with the one about the time we found the Dutchman's gold, anyway it's not very original.
    A true story however, we're trying to reach Journigan Mine, an old lead mine not too far from us. We've made a few attempts without even getting close. We finally located the road yesterday that goes to it, but the road became impassable about a mile or so from the mine, so now we'll have to figure a way to get in there. It's very mountainous terrain and I don't relish the idea of having to make the trek on foot, but that may be the only way. One of the maps we have also shows some Indian ruins in the same area, so it would probably be worthwhile making a few more attempts. There are some ATV tracks going back about as far as we were able to go in the Jeep, but even an ATV would have problems negotiating the steep,extremely rocky climbs. We did locate what appears to be a very old dump site and we'll return to do some digging to see what we can uncover.
    I'll keep you posted if we get to the mine. Sometimes this a a frustrating hobby, particularly when we've got our hearts set on finding a location we can't reach.
    You know, Laura, there's someone out there reading this that knows where one or two really great secret ghost towns are, but out of fear they would be ravaged or molested, won't reveal the location to us.

At least thats my hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    You know, Laura, there's someone out there reading this that knows where one or two really great secret ghost towns are, but out of fear they would be ravaged or molested, won't reveal the location to us.

At least thats my hunch.
    You're right Brian, there are "secret" locations out there. We've managed to pry one of them from a forest ranger, he says he's been there and it's a super site. We're going to check it out and if it's as good as he says it is, well, I've never been good at keeping secrets.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Funny thing happened to me looking for Christmas Trees. I found some mines. I seem to do that a lot.

Not too secret, but really hard to get too.

The complete and still functioning window shutters in the miners cabin were neato, as where the dates scratched into the door

It's nice driving a vehicle that thinks it's a mountain goat sometimes.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information