Thread: Sorry I been busy here is that trip report

Default Sorry I been busy here is that trip report

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thanks for the story and the great pictures, Modette!

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Smile

Modette: My hat's off to ya. I very much enjoyed your post and pictures. I encourage like posting from other folks, and pledge to do the same on my future trips. This site has been a real pleasure for me, and a great resource, for several years. It's folks like you who make it that kind of joy. Thanks again. Mike and Diana

I had to read back through what I wrote, sorry for the mistakes...LOL

I left out one funny detail though, I ran out of gas in NV on I80 before Elko heading East back to MI. All because I got ****** at the McDonalds in Carlin because I used soap int he bathroom and guess what the water did not work and all they had was hot air dryers....so I left and said screw this place and figured I had enough to get to Elko...LOL Guess what though driving 110mph through the desert sure drinks up the gas.

A nice couple, but very odd couple stopped and gave me a lift to Elko. Their car was so crappy and food all over the place in it. Plus I did not know Elko exits were closed and they got of on some exit before and headed down a dirt road to which I put my hand on the door handle and was ready to jump out...I'm glad I stayed int he car though because the just were going around the exit closures.

I had a gas can, as any good Ghost Towner should but did not have gas in it because after all I am on the interstates...lol The guy dropped his wife off at home and took me to the station. He said he give me a ride back, i asked if I could fill his car and he said no. He took me back but would not do a U-turn because it is illigeal...LOL So back to Carlin we went and around. He stayed to make sure gas is what I needed and sure enough I put it in and the car started right up.

I thanked him again and tried to hand him money and he said no, his wife is a preacher...I said oh okay and went on my way.

The whole time I was not worried that I ran out of gas...I was more worried about leaving the laptop and everything else in the car while I went for gas...to me it was just an adventure.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Mod, It looks like you had some fun adventures to some interesting locations. Thanks for sharing the photos and trip report. What'll be the next adventure for you?

Boy, it sounds like you had a heckofa trip. I enjoyed checking out the photos and reading your story. I also suspect you rented the ATV's from a friend of mine (Russ) in Bishop, as I think he's the only one who has Arctic Cats. It'a trips like this that make lasting memories, and it's too bad more folks don't take the time to get out and see this great country. Thanks for posting the story and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    Boy, it sounds like you had a heckofa trip. I enjoyed checking out the photos and reading your story. I also suspect you rented the ATV's from a friend of mine (Russ) in Bishop, as I think he's the only one who has Arctic Cats. It'a trips like this that make lasting memories, and it's too bad more folks don't take the time to get out and see this great country. Thanks for posting the story and pics.
    Yeah, I believe his name was Russ...LOL My friend had it all arranged so I am not sure what the place was called even.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Mod, It looks like you had some fun adventures to some interesting locations. Thanks for sharing the photos and trip report. What'll be the next adventure for you?
    Who knows...
    That trip cost me like $3K to which my wife is not too happy about...LOL It went over budget.

My friend and I were thinking meeting in Denver area and renting ATV's next year for a week on them...not sure if that will happen.

Thread Information