Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Farm Images- Post 'em ya got 'em

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Cool Roch House

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Holy smoke Johnny & Sheila, it's a small world. The stone house is on the west side of Camp Rock Road at the foothills on the way to Anderson Dry Lake. That's our old stomping ground, we used to ride dirt bikes out that way before our bones got old and brittle and BLM set too many parameters.
    Just last year we made a trip out there to see their 50 acre ranch.

What a great view of the open desert from any angle of the property.

Most likely you can see that stone house from their front door. I going to e-mail this "post" to them and tell them to look towards Anderson Dry Lake, and take some pictures and to sign up to (ghosttowns.com) and post them on the bulletin board. That sould bring back some fond memories for you guys.

P S please excuse the spelling on Rock House, that what happens when you don't check out your spelling before you push submitt button. I guess you can't edit the title section.

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 12-19-2006 at 08:11 AM.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Johnnie & Sheila, Tell your friends that it's located on the way to Cougar Buttes coming from Old Woman Springs Road. Going out Camp Rock Road, it'll be against the mountains on the right. If I remember correctly, it's not too far from one of the power line roads. If they're into exploring, Bessemer Mine is nearby, when we were there last, it hadn't been closed off, but there was talk of closing the road leading to it. There were some really great ruins around the mine, but it was slowly being trashed by four wheelers using it as a track. I wish we had more pictures of the area, but that was before digital cameras and it was hard to carry those heavy stone tablets around
    I guess these pictures can be stretched to be ghost town related, cause by definition, I don't resemble my former self either.

This is Ralph & I riding off Camp Rock Road.
    Name:  Ralph & I in Lucerne.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  34.7 KB
    This is me with a Desert Tortoise that came to visit our campsite. (1999 picture)
    Name:  Laura with desert turtle.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  32.6 KB

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Can't get a full size, so clicky the linky pic. This is Joseco, sometimes reffered to as Barclay, NV or old Barclay which are wrong, as they were two different places to my knowledge and every one's living up there. This place is really hard to find by accident, I knew about where it was and still had to search for it the first time there. Next time I'm in the area I'm getting more and better pics as I had battery issues with my camera from the cold.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

What the heck's going on around here lately? There's been a whole lot of great posts and photos lately on this site. With Jason's pics, Gary's pics, Laura's poems and photos, and of course Johnnie and Sheila's informing posts, I'm not sure I'm on the Gravity Hill website anymore. Does GaryB have anything to do with this? Anyway, I've sure been enjoying the good stuff lately, and i hope it stays that way. Thanks folks......

Thanks Flatiron. I've invited some folks from the photo forums I frequent, so we get more pictures yet!

Thumbs up Lucerne Valley

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Johnnie & Sheila, Tell your friends that it's located on the way to Cougar Buttes coming from Old Woman Springs Road. Going out Camp Rock Road, it'll be against the mountains on the right. If I remember correctly, it's not too far from one of the power line roads. If they're into exploring, Bessemer Mine is nearby, when we were there last, it hadn't been closed off, but there was talk of closing the road leading to it. There were some really great ruins around the mine, but it was slowly being trashed by four wheelers using it as a track. I wish we had more pictures of the area, but that was before digital cameras and it was hard to carry those heavy stone tablets around
    I guess these pictures can be stretched to be ghost town related, cause by definition, I don't resemble my former self either.

This is Ralph & I riding off Camp Rock Road.
    Name:  Ralph & I in Lucerne.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  34.7 KB
    This is me with a Desert Tortoise that came to visit our campsite. (1999 picture)

Name:  Laura with desert turtle.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  32.6 KB
    Great photos! Laura, I called our friends this A. M. and told them to expect a E-mail from us that they would find interesting. And not just the "A-Joke" that is usually in their mail box.

Our friends are not into the ghost towns thing, as we are, But maybe they will sign in just to say hi and post photos of their oasis, as they call it.

I sure Don, will remember the time we went out Old Dale Mining Dist. just S/E of 29 Palms in 1959 before we meet our wives. When there was something to photograph believe or not i have no still photos

But do have 8mm film of the area. and on the way back I filmed a few minutes of our visit to the Colton Drag Strip,

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 12-20-2006 at 10:04 AM.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Flatiron View Post
    What the heck's going on around here lately? There's been a whole lot of great posts and photos lately on this site. With Jason's pics, Gary's pics, Laura's poems and photos, and of course Johnnie and Sheila's informing posts, I'm not sure I'm on the Gravity Hill website anymore. Does GaryB have anything to do with this? Anyway, I've sure been enjoying the good stuff lately, and i hope it stays that way. Thanks folks......

Maybe they got the point finally. That or the spooks don't come out in the winter, due to the cold and all. I hear ghosts have a **** of a time getting rid of a cold

Or maybe sitting in some 7-11 parking lot waiting for something scary to happen on a winter night isn't the cool thing to do in Ca.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Maybe they got the point finally. That or the spooks don't come out in the winter, due to the cold and all. I hear ghosts have a **** of a time getting rid of a cold

Or maybe sitting in some 7-11 parking lot waiting for something scary to happen on a winter night isn't the cool thing to do in Ca.
    Yes! Flatiron, The Bulletin Board does appear to returning to it's formal self.

We are sure Gary, deserves most of the credit for weeding out the undesirables and clearing the road to our ghost towns,

And maybe having that big equipment to pull out once in awhile to help clear the roads helps also.

Your fellow Crew Members
    Johnnie & Sheila

more farm ghosts - rummaging through my photobucket images....

Get in, take photos, get out. Leave no trace...

http://whatimagination.deviantart.com/gallery

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Jason, More great pictures! Do you ever research the history of some of these places? I'd be interested in knowing the story some of them would tell.

Thread Information