Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Mabee Mines-Washougal WA

Quote Originally Posted by kvangeld View Post
    Hmmmm, can you post again? I am sorry I am to late and missed it.

Hi Dave, I want to thank you for allowing people to explore the terrain around your place. I am sorry you have had to suffer thru some beligerant people. I do hope you will share more of your history, stories, and knowledge of the surrounding area with us on the forum. What I have read and researched is pretty amazing. I am sure there is a lot more to hear.

Take care,
    Kirk
    Hi Kirk,
    The post was just asking if anybody has been to the McCloskey Creek power house, the water pipe that ran to it and about a dam site to store water for the power house. My question is where was the dam?

Also wondered if anyone else had been up to the power house caretaker shack ruins?

Default Skamania Mines Road Gated

Skamania County is planning to close the public right of way to Skamania Mines Rd. Generations of locals have been going up the road to explore, hike, hunt, bike, horse riding, ATV and 4 wheeling. It will be gated and locked at the 1200 rd. Another closed road. Email the county comm. at pearce@co.skamania.wa.us and the county engineer who thinks this is a great idea ( the guy is a jerk) at douglass@co.skamania.wa.us and let them know that this is an imporant road and should not be closed. There is a public input meeting in Stevenson at 5:30 on Dec. 8. They picked this date so as few people as possible would show up. I hate to see this road closed after 100 years of use. dave

Emails sent

From Pearce

What we are doing in vacating Skamania Mines Rd and returning it to the property owners. The county can not afford to maintain it..

From Douglass

Skamania County is considering the vacation of Skamania Mines Road. This means if vacated, Skamania County releases all interest of the road and it goes back to the ownership of the private landowners. It will not be gated by the County, but if ALL of the landowners wish to do that, they could as it would be a choice they can make. No one person can gate the road for closure as they would be blocking access to other owners.

If you have any questions or concerns I would suggest you send a letter to the Board of County Commissioner's so it can be entered into record for the Public Hearing, which is on December 8th. The letter must reach the board by December 1st at noon to be entered into record for the public hearing. I am attaching the notice for any clarification you may need.

Thanks for your interest and I hope this helps.

Default Skamania Co is full of Baloney

Skamania Mines Road access's over a thousand acres of timber land that pay property tax and timber tax. And the land owners pay property tax. They make money on this road since they do very little to maintain it. When ever there is flood damage they list the things that need fixing on this road, get federal money and spend it else where. And they are gating the road because when a road has its public right of way removed it gets gated. Email these guys more and let them know they are going to held accountable for this. dave

Quote Originally Posted by log crib dam View Post
    Skamania Mines Road access's over a thousand acres of timber land that pay property tax and timber tax. And the land owners pay property tax. They make money on this road since they do very little to maintain it. When ever there is flood damage they list the things that need fixing on this road, get federal money and spend it else where. And they are gating the road because when a road has its public right of way removed it gets gated. Email these guys more and let them know they are going to held accountable for this. dave
    Uhh... I did e mail them and let them know I would like to have the road stay open and why etc. But I'm not about to tell them that "they are going to be held accountable for this"

Thank you for sending the emails. When I said held accountable, I meant by Skamania County Residents at the voting booth. This is working. They gated McCloskey Creek Road and I really miss driving on it. Hate to see this happen to Skamania Mines Road. dave

Default I am wondering if any of you have went to any of the mines you have listed

I would like to give it a try After I get my knees Replaced Next Year !----------deathwind1r@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHWIND1 View Post
    I would like to give it a try After I get my knees Replaced Next Year !----------deathwind1r@yahoo.com
    Yes been to most of them mentioned, quite a hike for some to get to, even find.

Hey Sspitka,

I am interested in hearing about your experience with the mines. Can you share your stories with us? Do you have any pictures? Thanks, Kirk

Thread Information