Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megaphone

Default Megaphone

I would like to hear from all your comment on the mojave desert megaphone . What do you think it is or what it perpose was. must be something to it because somebody went to a lot of work and effort to build,drill holes in rock, and place on top of the hill . Its big and heavy so its not like thay back pac it up there .

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Wow Baker, I'd never heard of the Mojave Megaphone until you posted it and I did an online search for it. Neato, I wonder what it is and how it got there?
    Here's a couple of links to sites that have pictures of it.

There is a lot of neat stuff in the afton canyon even a nice camp ground . Should be water running through the canyon now that its winter. there is two ways to get to the megaphone basin rd and the canyon, the canyon is by far the most scenic route with lots of cool stuff to stop and look at one of my favorites is the spooky caves .

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

We always wanted to visit the lava caves out there when we lived in California. Maybe someday we'll get a chance to return.

the cima dome ???

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I read about the mega phone in one of Bill Mann's books. Too bad he passed away, he likely took more with him than we'll ever know of.

I think it was someone just doing something to do it. Likely to mess with the rest of us. See stuff like that all the time. In Lincoln County, NV, there are some rock carvings of faces that no one knows why or when.

I'd like to hit some of the places in Bill's books before I move away and anymore damage is done to ruin there existence. Then again, there's lots of places I'd like to go. Work sucks
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Quote Originally Posted by Baker-dude View Post
    the cima dome ???
    I don't know the names of the caves in that area. I had heard there were some neat one though made by lava flows.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Cima is the biggest one by Baker. We did that one in October last year IIRC?

It was Sept. Here's a link to one of our members pictures. http://rides.webshots.com/album/554191960pMpqtc
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thanks Gary, it looks like a fun trip. Makes me want to go there even more.

I love oddities out in the middle of nowhere.
    Brad

Thread Information