Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Antique Bottles

  1. #1
    Johnnie's Avatar
    Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    599

    Smile Antique Bottles

    If any of you miss Tues. "Cash & Tresure" program on Antique Bottle collecting some worth a lot $$$ and searching for Gems, Fish Fossile.

    This program is going to be on again Sat. on satilite and cable.

    Check your " check your local
    T V guide for the
    "Travel Cannnel" programing

    Out here Becky, is on at 2;00 to 3:00 P M ( P S T )

    Johnnie & Sheila

  2. #2
    old judge's Avatar
    old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma (Home of the Sooners)
    Posts
    760

    Talking

    Hey Johnnie: I've got some old bottles. I've got some Old Crow, Old Harper, Old Overcoat, Old Granddad, and Old Kentucky Home. Does it make any difference if they're empty? I can fill them up from that barrel in the woods. OJ

  3. #3
    LauraA's Avatar
    LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Roosevelt, Arizona
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    I thought you might enjoy seeing this one. We're not bottle collectors, but this was a fabulous find for us. It's a Codd's Patent number 4, made in England, late 1800s mineral water bottle that we dug up quite a few years ago (under an old Georgia outhouse ). It's not perfect, having a chip out of the neck, but we treasure it anyway. The glass marble which seals the bottle is still in place.
    Here's a link with more info:


    Name:  Codd's Bottle 003.jpg
Views: 6996
Size:  53.8 KB
    Last edited by LauraA; 02-10-2007 at 07:47 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    228

    Default Antique bottles

    I've got a purple half pint whiskey bottle that I found walking across the desert (flat tire stranded us and hubby forgot to double check that the RIGHT tire iron was in the car) by Frisco, UT. Then I found an old Vaseline bottle in Frisco. I've also got a Hires Big H root beer extract bottle (forgot where it came from) and a big old gallon jug dug up from some ghost town in Nevada's (again, forgot which one) dump. I also have numerous other bottles from various different ghost towns, including a huge stash of old bottles under a house in a ghost town here in Utah (I'm not giving away the name). A lot of the bottles are still there, unless they got washed away in that flash flood that hit the area last year.
    Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

  5. #5
    Johnnie's Avatar
    Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    599

    Cool Empty Antique Bottles

    Quote Originally Posted by old judge View Post
    Hey Johnnie: I've got some old bottles. I've got some Old Crow, Old Harper, Old Overcoat, Old Granddad, and Old Kentucky Home. Does it make any difference if they're empty? I can fill them up from that barrel in the woods. OJ
    Are they "Still" there O J? When was the last time you were out there in them woods? Barney, said there has been a lot of thirsty treasurey, hunters out there in them back woods .

    We heard that Barney, seen Ottis, pouring barrels of liquid into that pond down the way. and Ottis wife told Andy, that she can't figure out why Ottis, gets drunk every time he eats fish.

    And when Barney, ask Ottis, what he was doing....Ottis, told him that the spring had stop flowing and he was filling the pond back up.

    We will have to check with Andy. to see how that turned out.

    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 02-11-2007 at 09:21 AM.

  6. #6
    Johnnie's Avatar
    Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    599

    Thumbs up Antique Bottles

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    I thought you might enjoy seeing this one. We're not bottle collectors, but this was a fabulous find for us. It's a Codd's Patent number 4, made in England, late 1800s mineral water bottle that we dug up quite a few years ago (under an old Georgia outhouse ). It's not perfect, having a chip out of the neck, but we treasure it anyway. The glass marble which seals the bottle is still in place.
    Here's a link with more info:



    Name:  Codd's Bottle 003.jpg
Views: 6996
Size:  53.8 KB


    Thanks for the link Laura, Did every check to see what it is worth?

    We found a lot of bottles, laying among the sage in Belmont Nevada in the early 1960s and a lot of purple glass in Goldfield outskirts.

    Sounds like Rachel, has a big collection. of rare ones.


    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 02-11-2007 at 09:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Johnnie's Avatar
    Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    599

    Default Bottle Collecting

    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_huntress View Post
    I've got a purple half pint whiskey bottle that I found walking across the desert (flat tire stranded us and hubby forgot to double check that the RIGHT tire iron was in the car) by Frisco, UT. Then I found an old Vaseline bottle in Frisco. I've also got a Hires Big H root beer extract bottle (forgot where it came from) and a big old gallon jug dug up from some ghost town in Nevada's (again, forgot which one) dump. I also have numerous other bottles from various different ghost towns, including a huge stash of old bottles under a house in a ghost town here in Utah (I'm not giving away the name). A lot of the bottles are still there, unless they got washed away in that flash flood that hit the area last year.
    Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
    Great Stuff! Rachel, According to Becky on "Cash and Treasures" program some of these bottles are worth a lot of $$$ just like that one that Laura has posted.

    When we went up to Panamint, in 1959 we did not find one bottle I guess they too landed up down the canyon during their flash flood.

    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 02-11-2007 at 10:02 AM.

  8. #8
    LauraA's Avatar
    LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Roosevelt, Arizona
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    Unfortunately, our bottle has a pretty good sized chip out of it, collectors would probably want them in mint condition. I guess it's not worth much except to us.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. bottles
    By Ghosttowns.com in forum For Sale/Want Ads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 12:01 PM
  2. Nevada Drugstore Bottles Wanted.
    By silverfox in forum For Sale/Want Ads
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:00 AM
  3. Looking for OLD Ghost town bottles!
    By Ghosttowns.com in forum For Sale/Want Ads
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 04:37 PM
  4. Virginia City, Nev bottles
    By Ghosttowns.com in forum For Sale/Want Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2000, 11:57 AM
  5. Virginia City, Nev bottles
    By Ghosttowns.com in forum For Sale/Want Ads
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2000, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •