Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steins

Want to take another trip to Steins. We read an article that the Grand daughters of the previous owners are opening it again, but their phone has been disconnected. Anyone know if it's open, or a way to contact them?

Drove by in June. Still looked 'closed'
    You who are on the road Must have a code that you can live by And so become yourself!

Default Steins

I found their new phone number, (602-821-8495) and confirmed that they are once again open. Going there this weekend, let you know if it still looks good.

Any word on Steins? It's one of my stops next week! Thanks!

I used to stop by Steins on my way out to my New Mexico stores when I took I10 from Phoenix. Its well worth a stop even if you can't get a tour you can still see everything from outside the fence. There are many historic buildings at the site still standing to this day, definitely worth a quick stop since its at exit 3 on I10. I guess the whole thing went to **** when one of the owners was murdered a couple years back, hence the lack of tours recently....

Default Steins NM

Quote Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
    I used to stop by Steins on my way out to my New Mexico stores when I took I10 from Phoenix. Its well worth a stop even if you can't get a tour you can still see everything from outside the fence. There are many historic buildings at the site still standing to this day, definitely worth a quick stop since its at exit 3 on I10. I guess the whole thing went to **** when one of the owners was murdered a couple years back, hence the lack of tours recently....
    Just returned from my visit to Steins. Melissa, along with her daughter and brand new baby boy, gave my wife and I a great tour. Well worth the stop. I will post photos on my site as i get caught up with things around the office.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejts View Post
    Just returned from my visit to Steins. Melissa, along with her daughter and brand new baby boy, gave my wife and I a great tour. Well worth the stop. I will post photos on my site as i get caught up with things around the office.
    Glad to hear they are doing the tours again, the place is too to let it go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
    Glad to hear they are doing the tours again, the place is too to let it go to waste.
    The school house needs chinking. Too bad we can't get a group together and go spend a couple weeks helping preserve the place for Melissia.
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Syracuse, NY, Arizona, the Klondike, Yukon Territory.

Default Butterfield's Stein's Stage Station

Unfortunately some list Stein's ghost town as the location of Butterfield's Overland Mail Company stage station. Butterfield's station was over three miles north of the ghost town. Stein's ghost town didn't exist until 1879-1880 as a railroad town. Butterfield's Overland Mail Company ceased its service in March 1861.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gerald T. Ahnert; 09-16-2015 at 08:13 AM.

Thread Information