Thread: Lecanto, FL Cave Exploring

Thumbs up Lecanto, FL Cave Exploring

Thought you might like to know of some cool dry Florida caves that are easy to get to and do not have unreasonable restrictions on exploration. They are safe, unless you are stupid, and great for kids. Boy Scout troups explore them all the time. These are called the Vandal Caves and a 1/4 mile north on a trail are the Peace Caves. Make sure you bring a flashlight and don't go alone.

Location: Off CR491 (Lecanto Road) just North of CR480 (Stagecoach Trail) you will see a sign that says "Welcome to Citrus County". Look for the concrete posts next to a makeshift parking area on the East side of the road. Walk about a mile up the road and you come right to the entrance of the Vandal Caves. (Be Careful of the 20 ft hole. Easy to see but, as I said, not for the stupid).

Please don't vandalize them anymore than they already are.
    Mike

Thanks for the pics.....Don't think I care to crawl down into one of them....Speedy

Default Up the road from the caves

I visited these caves a few years ago. Considering they are in Florida and above water, it's certainly worth a visit. If you're exploring in that area of Florida, it's certainly worth a ride over to Leno State Park, the sight of the forgotten town of Keno.
    Bob
    http://www.floridastateparks.org/oleno/History.cfm

Talking Dames Caves, Citrus Tract

These caves are definitly worth the trip! There are several caves other than the Vandals Cave. Which also has a small back entrance if you cross the land bridge and do a little exploring. Peace Cave is fun, and Girl Scout cave has a fun climb down @ the entrance but does not go far, there are other caves in this part of the state forest. Jeep Cave, the protected Bat Cave, Dog Drop Cave (D-Drop), Blowing Hole Cave, Steel Ladder Cave (reserved for researchers supposedly.. its closed off by the same sort of steel grate that used to be over Peace Cave), Big Mouth Cave, Danger Cave, Some have higher and lower levels of difficulty to FIND.. and don't add to any vandalism or litter (there are garbage cans provided)

jiaopibuy Guest

ゴルフボールは その大きさが直径で 42.67mm 以上、重量は 45.93g 以下 と規則で定められており、その表面には ボールが遠くに飛ぶように考案された 300 - 400 個 程度の 小さな窪み (ディンプルと呼ばれる) がある。激安ゴルフクラブ また、ゴルフボールを 規則で定められた条件下で 打った時の初速と標準総合距離 (キャリーとロールを合わせた飛距離) は 一定の基準値を超えてはならないと定められており、極端に飛ぶ ボールは公認球としては認められないことになっている。

ゴルフボールは初め羽毛を皮で包んだ手作りで 右図 (1) のようなものが使用されていた。その後、1848年にガッタ (Gatta またはGutti とも言われる) という量産できるボールが現れたことが ゴルフの発展を大きく促したと考えられている。タイトリスト 910D3 ドライバー 初めは表面がスムースであったが、後に 表面にキズを付けるとより飛ぶことが判明し、表面にメッシュの付いたものや小さないぼいぼ状の突起がついた ボールなどが普及した。そして、1898年にはゴムのボールが始めて使われるようになり、19 01年に Haskell rubber-core ball というボールが出現し ゴルフを大きく変えていった。

当時のボールの表面には上図 (2) のような いぼいぼ状の突起が施されていた。現在のボールのようにディンプルが使われるようになったのは 1908年以降と言われている。タイトリスト 910D3 その後、1930年に 始めてゴルフボールの規格が全英ゴルフ協会によって確立され、さらに 時を経て、現在のボールの規定が定められるに至っている。

一方、現在は多種多様な ゴルフボールが市場には出回っている。例えば、インターネット・ゴルフショップ最大手の 910D3 ドライバー で売られているボールの数を見てみると 2011年 12月現在で 492 アイテムもある。これには同じボールの色違いと言ったものまでが含まれるが、ここで市場に出回っているボー ルのほとんどが販売されている訳でもないから、本当に沢山の種類のボールがあるということだ。 ボー

Thread Information