Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .50 cal weapons, crime...

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

[perhaps the 2nd can only be applied when talking about muskets....since that's all that was around back then.

And the first amendment doesen't apply to the internet, tv, movies, or dvd, because, as you say,

they were'nt around back then.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

high rate of firepower aka ak47

99% of the AK47s in this country are SEMI-automatic, having the EXACT rate of fire as say, a Ruger .22 pistol.

Another example of the ignorant media trying to brainwash you.

Brian

Cool .50

boy, did I get a topic going! I had to admint Brian,...you had and EXCELLENT point about the 1st amendment..... First I wasn't asking about .50 crimes in particular..... I was more interested in the difference in crime rates due to the gun laws of Az vs the Laws in Calif. Next, rates of fire may be equal, power is not,big difference between .22 and ak47 rounds. Dont take me wrong here, I have a .45, a .357, and a bolt 30-06 (pre 1964 with a low serial number thank you very much). I am not anti gun as you seem to think.But, as someone stated earlier, where do we draw the line?

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Last time I checked, Kalifornia has the highest amount of gun restrictions, and has numerous cities toward the top of the list in crime (using guns) rates.

So more government isn't always the answer.

Most crimes committed with a gun are with very popular, very cheap calibers, like .38, 9mm, etc. Heck, I was surprised at the number of crimes using a .22 were. If someone pulled a .22 on me, I'd likely get shot for laughing at them.

Then again, that's because it's still legal to carry a non concealed, holstered pistol on your person in my state
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Red face .50 wpn

carrying a wpn in a holster,Does that apply to wilderness, or the city? Actually, I was an ambulance attendant many many years ago, and one of the things they taught us was,more people die from a .22, cuz it gets in and bounces around inside ya like a ping pong ball.Wish we could carry a wpn out here.

"as someone stated earlier, where do we draw the line?"

Good question. I know people who are legally allowed to own a gun that I don't think should own one. They make me nervous.

So, if they passed a law stating, for example, that no one could own a gun if they were:

Convicted felon
    Convicted of a misdemeanor
    Known to be violent
    Cusses a lot
    NRA member
    Keeps to himself
    Watches violent movies
    Plays violent video games
    Shaves or bathes infrequently

If such a law were passed, I would still know a person or two that could legally own a gun, but I feel are not emotionally mature or mentally competent to own one.

Which brings us around to the same question: Where do you draw the line?

Personally, I just glad my dream gun is still legal for me to own, and without permits or paperwork of any kind! Yeah baby!

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Wink

My answer to the various questions posed, in no particular order, is yes, maybe, no, I don't know, militias do exist in some states, in a legal sense, 175 an hour, and the issue, unfortunately in the United States today, hinges on the makeup of the Supreme Court. While I'm a registered Democrat, my moderate position, perhaps just to the right of center, is partly the result of my distaste for the anti-gun lobby, and my concern that they just don't get it. OJ

A friend of mine is on the N. Las Vegas PD, and she said that here in Clark County you can carry a weapon (concealed) in your vehicle, unchambered, and you wont have any problems. The important thing to remember is to be honest and tell the officer you have a weapon if asked, when you are pulled over. Cool!

As far as .50's go, they're great on hard targets (materiel) and looong range soft targets. Probably not real practical for the average Joe, as rounds are $4-$5 apiece, plus the cost of the weapon is intimidating. Does that matter to the person that rabidly must possess one? Nope, not a bit. If you gotta have the heaviest weapon around, then you will buy one. That's the way the gun bug works. I've sold .375 H&H magnums to guys that I KNEW would shoot 5 or 10 rounds through them, and then sell them at a loss in a few months, when they had a jones for THE NEXT BIG THING. You can't talk them out of this, seriously.

Should a .50 be outlawed? Heck no, but I'm nervous when someone is shooting one near me...
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

Talking .50

As an ex P.O for where I live, I can tell ya, if I stopped on a traffic stop, and saw a gun in your veh, You'd be out of that car at gun point, sitting on the curb cuffed with your ankles crossed so fast, you wouldnt know what hit you.God help you if you make a "furtive movement" at Last look see, the court recognizes that as prob cause to shoot. See, that's the problem,as least as far as I'm concerned.... Officer safety, noone has "Bad Guy" stamped on his forehead. I'm no fan of the anti gun creeps either. (or tinted front side and passenger side windows, for you out there that have them ) Hey, how the heck do I get rid of these stupid lines????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default .50 wpns and lawyers (defense tyep)

When passing Gas, I like to say "Good morning Mr shyster defense lawyer".....heh heh

Thread Information