Thread: New thread forum?

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default New thread forum?

What does everyone think about adding a new thread forum dedicated to covering our favorite ghost town books, maps, software, etc? Folks could add new books they have found, old ones to look for, favorite resources for maps, web links, etc.

Or would you like to see it as a "sticky post" (one that is permanently set at the top of a forum) in one of the pre-existing forums?

My reasoning for this is I come across some good stuff, as do many of our members, but when it gets posted, it tends to get lost in other threads over time. Having a dedicated spot I think would aid all in finding info they are looking for.

If enough folks are interested, I'm sure Todd would be fine in allowing the addition.

Discuss?
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thumbs up

Sounds like a good idea Gary!
    In my opinion, a new thread forum would probably work out well. I do find myself searching through the threads looking for a certain book that I recalled seeing mentioned. If it were listed as a new forum thread, it would be available on the front page without having to look for it, visible to searching newbies and others.
    I think it would also be a good idea if people posted where books, software, etc could be obtained, especially the harder to find items.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

My vote goes to a "sticky".
    That way the info will always be readily accessible without having to add another category. Also, to me, the #2 Topic Category "Directions & Locations.... seems like a plausible site for the sticky.

bb.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    My vote goes to a "sticky".
    That way the info will always be readily accessible without having to add another category. Also, to me, the #2 Topic Category "Directions & Locations.... seems like a plausible site for the sticky.

bb.

Kind of my thought too, only the "Getting There" forum would be my vote. Especially if you read the forum description, it seems to be the most fitting category.

Now one could say that forum covers the issues I mentioned and nothing "new" is needed, but like Laura, I too find I have to search to find stuff I saw awhile back. And usually they are in other forums, and even in unrelated topics. Maybe, if we had dedicated forum or topic, it could be listed there for easier access. I (as well as any other admin/mods) could move or copy related posts to said forum/thread as we come across them.

By the way, if anyone sees no need, is against it, has another idea on how to do it, etc, feel free to speak out. This affects all of the users and visitors
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

It all sounds good to me. It would be nice to allways have it on top, and not have to get bumped all the time

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Thumbs up Very Inventive

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    It all sounds good to me. It would be nice to allways have it on top, and not have to get bumped all the time
    Good idea Gary, We agree with everyone. And haveing it listed at the top is very inventive.

Johnnie & Sheila

Great idea, Gary. The links and references have been very helpful. Great idea to have them all together.....Speedy

I like the idea, and having book reviews/maps/etc or whatever you want to call it in a forum of its own would help organize these topic IMO. You could even break the section down into subforums such as: books/book reviews/maps/ etc; but some people don't like sub-forums so I am not sure how that would go over. Either way I think its a great idea.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Bob3, I like the idea of subcategories too. That way we wouldn't have to look all through the GPS units, links, maps, etc. when we're looking for a book.

Thread Information